What Happened To The Rumproject

Rum, Rhum, Ron. Talk about your favorite sugarcane spirits in this rum forum.

Moderator: Henry Deare, Adventurer

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dai
How did you find Refined Vices?: search
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:02 am

I used to be a member of the rum project I went on holiday in June and when I came back the site had vanished. Any one know what happened to it?

JaRiMi
How did you find Refined Vices?: through another forum
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:56 pm

Simple answer - Dunno. ?!???

I sent Jimbo an email asking, but didn't get any reply. Hope the man is ok.

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:57 pm

I've received quite a few enquiries about what happened to the Rum Project but I don't know any more about it than anyone else. My email has also not been answered which I find quite weird. I wouldn't want to start speculating though, it could be anything.

Nevertheless, welcome to the forums Dai, and I hope that you'll find a few interesting discussions to participate in.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Dai

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:03 am

Thanks for the welcome. Strange about Jimbo not replying to emails I hope he well and not ill.

Just an update on rum just ordered Pusser's and Matusalem 15 GR and a sample of Seales 10 year old to try. I'll let you know how I get on with the Seales never had that one before.

sleepy
How did you find Refined Vices?: rumproject.com

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:08 pm

I miss the crusty bastage!

Given the sudden shutdown, I think that it might be more a legal issue w/ bilgemonkey or somesuch asshat. I hope it isn't health!

Paddle on Jimbo!

sleepy

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:14 pm

...although it could be larger, deeper pocketed malfeasants <cough> DIAGIO! <cough>! May they burn, and keep the petition alive!

Dai

Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:46 pm

I too hope it is not health. Personally I can't see it being that Jimbo is being sued either.
Just seems strange the man would fall off the face of the earth like that.

sleepy

Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:15 pm

<shrug> There's time left on the domain name registration. The only thing that I can think of that would disappear a website that instantly - and it was overnight - is a court order. If it was just needing funding for the site, all he had to do was ask. I surely would have pitched in. If it was something else, why pull everything from the web server? I'm still puzzled about the lack of response to e-mails.

Dai

Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:20 am

I was on holiday when this happened but, when I got back the site had disappeared sent him one or two emails but nothing.
So your guess is as good as mine.

JaRiMi
How did you find Refined Vices?: through another forum

Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:15 am

Too bad indeed. Granted, there was unnecessary amount of "ventings" which went perhaps a bit overboard, but a lot of good information also - and a lot of honest findings about the not-so-wonderful-always-world of rum.

Dai

Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:00 pm

Yep, strange that the man fell off planet earth. Most of the venting that went on was from Jimbo but, just took it Jimbo liked a good rant. As far as I was concerned I'd already agreed to disagree if it didn't fall within my thinking. Still I do miss the rumproject forum.

• Information