R. L. Seale's 10 Year Old

Rum, Rhum, Ron. Talk about your favorite sugarcane spirits in this rum forum.

Moderator: Henry Deare, Adventurer

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dai
How did you find Refined Vices?: search
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:57 pm

I recently bought a sample of Seale's 10 year old to try out. Got to say I'm very impressed with it.
From the one sample I had I find the flavour profile very similar to Mount Gay XO.
Shall be getting a full bottle in my next purchase.

Rum Connection
How did you find Refined Vices?: rumor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:28 pm

I'm a big fan of just about everything that comes from Foursquare Distillery. You chose well Dai.
http://WWW.RUMCONNECTION.COM
Daily News, Rum Reviews and Other Distractions

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:37 am

I have not tried the R.L. Seales 10 yet myself but it has been on my to get list for a long time. Like RC said, products from Foursquare Distillery are always a solid choice.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Dai
How did you find Refined Vices?: search

Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:50 pm

Since then I've bought a bottle of it and let me tell it's well worth the price. Very similar to Mount Gay in flavour profile.
I did Matusalem GR15, Mount Gay XO, and Seale's 10 back to back on Saturday and the differences are there but they are not miles away from each other, all have a lot in common taste wise. Count if you get the opportunity to buy a bottle of Seale's go for it.

sleepy
How did you find Refined Vices?: rumproject.com

Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:26 am

Just to give those of you an idea of my thoughts on this spirit, the nearest Total Wine with a spirits license to me is 90 miles round trip. Total Wine seems to have an exclusive contract with Foursquare in the US, or at least the Eastern US. Illegal in Georgia, but...

Oh, I make that drive with minimum grumping (unusual) when my supply runs low. I know of no better bargain in quality spirits than Seals's for $22, unless it's Doorly's XO for $15! I love my Laphroaig, but $45?!!!! For a crass, brassy, but delightful 10YO whiskey????

(Interesting tie to rum flavoring - the esters and other aromatics in peat smoke carry beautifully into the barley malt distillates in Islay whiskeys, but none of the barley sweetness!)

• Information