A grand haul

Be it whiskey, whisky or scotch, this is the place.

Moderators: Sñr Juan Pablo de Español, Lord Neville Crispin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sñr Juan Pablo de Español
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:46 pm

If you are like me and loathe shopping then there are few things that can make the trip a little more bearable. This week was a trip to the wholesalers to pick up various things in bulk. Now the one saving grace they have is their absolutely fantastic selection of whiskey. I present to you this weeks grand haul...

What is most worthy is note, however, is that I had initially picked up a pair of Diesel jeans I was going to buy, but decided to offload them and purchase the whiskey instead.

Theodore S. Maul, Esq.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:08 pm

Sñr Juan Pablo de Español wrote: What is most worthy is note, however, is that I had initially picked up a pair of Diesel jeans I was going to buy, but decided to offload them and purchase the whiskey instead.
Now that's an executive decision. :pith:
And therefore I conclude that Carthage must be destroyed.

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:04 pm

If you don't mind I will post a grand haul of my own in this same thread. I received these from Canada, as requested, and an additional bottle of Screech rum from my Canadian cousins (thank you very much if you're reading this). I had to remove the contents of one of my boozelockers to get the second photo. Angelsword, I will get the 40 Creek you suggested at a later time.

Click for bigger pictures. Included in the pictures are the two Mahiki rum samples I received last Friday.

Image Image
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Dood

Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:28 pm

That is an excellent haul, sir.

My only haul recently was my bottle of Master Blender's Legacy. I plan on hitting Hi TIme this weekend to replenish some bottles that I emptied over the weekend at a party (out of Matusalem Platino and New Orleans Dark...and I keep thinking it wouldn't be a bad thing to get backup bottles of Foursquare since the word is that they're not going to continue to import it to the US). I'm very lucky if I can make it out of that store having spent less than $250...

Sñr Juan Pablo de Español

Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:21 pm

My last trip to the wholesalers yielded yet more Laphroaig and the trip previous to that was when I picked up Chivas Regal Gold Reserve and Isle of Jura, both in display boxes which included 2 glasses and a hip flask, respectively.

That's the other thing they always have there. Not just the standard bottles but boxsets which are always nice to pick up on the cheap.
It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her for it - W. C. Fields

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:36 pm

I like that kind of boxsets, too bad they haven't reached the Finland market yet. A few authentic drinking glasses et cetera is always a nice extra.
--

sailor22
How did you find Refined Vices?: from a refrence in a whis

Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:40 am

My Haul from the liquor store today;

Two bottles of Pappy Van Winkle 20 yr old Bourbon
three bottles of Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye
a Bottle of Old Forester Birthday Bourbon
and a bottle of Cruzan Single Barrel Rum.

The Van Winkle products are getting hard to find so I am bunkering a couple because they have proven to be favorites.

Anxious to try the Cruzan and see how it compares to my favorite Pyrat.

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:36 am

Welcome to the forums Sailor! That is a fine haul you got there, I haven't tasted Pyrat XO yet but expect a lot less sweet experience. Cruzan SB is a fine rum. By the way do you have the old Planters Gold Pyrat or the new version? Assuming you didn't mean Pistol and Cask 23.
--

sailor22
How did you find Refined Vices?: from a refrence in a whis

Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:36 pm

I had bunkered a few of the old versions so that's what I have been working on. The XO. I wasn't real impressed with the Cruzan Single Barrel - It was smooth enough but I was looking for more flavor . I don't want to be too hard on it but I was hoping for more.
I picked up a bottle of Ron Zacapa 23yr Rum - - A great sipping Rum!!-

I'm going to compare all three tonight.

forrest
How did you find Refined Vices?: Ministry of Rum

Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:46 am

sailor22 wrote:Two bottles of Pappy Van Winkle 20 yr old Bourbon
three bottles of Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye
a Bottle of Old Forester Birthday Bourbon
and a bottle of Cruzan Single Barrel Rum.
2 20 Year old is a find, BUT 3 Van Winkle Rye is DOWN-RIGHT SELFISH!!!!!!!!

i love the 20 year old, but that rye. . . my goodness is it good.
sailor22 wrote:Anxious to try the Cruzan and see how it compares to my favorite Pyrat.
Totally different. (Actually i prefer the Cruzan, but both are great-- even thought they are totally different.)

• Information