The Beard Thread

General discussion.

Moderators: Sñr Juan Pablo de Español, Lord Neville Crispin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Do you have a beard?

I can't grow beard
17%
I shave
22%
Stubble
11%
Mustache
6%
Handlebar
6%
Poirot
No votes
Trimmed beard
11%
Goatee
17%
Full beard
6%
My beard alone has experienced more than a lesser mans entire body
6%
I'm a caveman/I never shave or have not shaven in months
No votes

Total votes: 18
Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Fri May 30, 2008 7:53 pm

Do you like to keep your face shaved or unshaved, perhaps you prefer a mustache or a trimmed beard?

I grew a goatee after my service in the army ended because I was tired of shaving every day for the entire time I spent in the army, I was living on the edge. I kept it relatively tidy until recently I decided to shave it all off leaving my face vulnerable to the deadly summer UV rays. These days I prefer to keep a very short stubble, it is not a messy stubble so I don't look like a... well, a hobo. I am figuratively speaking standing on the golden middle road between shaving every day and not shaving at all and it works for me.

What if any kind of beard do you have and for what reasons if you have any? :pith:
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

AngelSword

Sat May 31, 2008 5:22 pm

After my hippie days of full beard, I have kept a very short trimmed beard... principally because of how it accents my facial structure.

Dood

Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:04 pm

I've grown a full beard over the past few months. I think I've finally reached a level of thickness that requires trimming...otherwise I'll be stumbling into full-on hippiness.

Amarantha
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:30 am

Despite being of the female persuasion, I've always thought I'd look rather dashing with a beard, and resolved to grow one if ever I found I was able. Needless to say, my fiance is terribly glad that I remain unable :mrgreen: I am rather lazy about shaving, I must confess, but it doesn't seem to affect my face in the slightest.
Lead me not into temptation; I can find it myself.

Sir Arthur Pendragon
How did you find Refined Vices?: Zgeek
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:59 am

I have had a whole heap of facial accoutrements over the years, mostly a goatee of some description, but have had a full beard, as well as a massive set of chops, a "Paul Snr from american chopper" style moustache, with and without stripe under the lower lip.

Goatee was where my vote settled however.
May ye live for a hundred years
Plus one more to repent.

Hon Rev Saul X. Goode MP

Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:04 pm

My face is currently free of all hair apart from what one might call a 'soul patch'. It is hardly worth having though, as the hairs that grow there are quite light in colour and can barely been seen from more than a foot away.

I recently had a full beard, which was then trimmed back to a goatee, but I decided to remove it all for the sake of the success in securing gainful employ.

tiare
How did you find Refined Vices?: link from count silvio

Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:13 am

I don´t know what i`m doing here really, i voted "cannot grow beard" and found myself transported here,,so..is it fun to grow a beard?
A Mai Tai a day...

Sir Niko Earl of Holm
Site Admin

Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:38 am

I've got the Handlebars with a landing strip between them... don't even know what you would classify it as... have had this style for about 5 years...
So mote it be.

Henry Deare, Adventurer

Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:11 pm

I usually switch between a goatee and a full beard depending on the season. recently I've taken to removing the "joiners between the upper lip and chin. However I'm not entirely sure what you'd call this.

Sir Niko Earl of Holm
Site Admin

Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:59 pm

Conquistador perhaps?
So mote it be.

Henry Deare, Adventurer

Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:57 pm

Sir Niko Earl of Holm wrote:Conquistador perhaps?
You may be on to something there.

Sutter
How did you find Refined Vices?: Tatu

Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:36 am

I have huge 1890's style muttonchops, trimmed and neat.

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:26 pm

I saw a Wolverine leather jacket at the convention Marie was at in Melbourne and I thought of you.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Sutter
How did you find Refined Vices?: Tatu

Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:07 am

Count Silvio wrote:I saw a Wolverine leather jacket at the convention Marie was at in Melbourne and I thought of you.
I'm flattered, sir.

MJL
How did you find Refined Vices?: google

Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:13 pm

I started wearing a full beard when I went back to graduate school in 2007. Waking up at 04:00 to head to work then University after until 23:00 took away my motivation to shave. I defended my thesis in July but have yet to shave...pure laziness and not fashion on my part!

• Information