What Ho, from India

General discussion.

Moderators: Sñr Juan Pablo de Español, Lord Neville Crispin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Niccolò Machiavelli
How did you find Refined Vices?: zgeek
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:39 pm

egads,

I pen this merry scribe from the fair city of Bangalore. Now I knew the natives of these parts were an industrious lot and whatnot, but by golly they have gone off and built themselves a whole lot of new buildings and such. You turn your back for a decade or two and woosh! up goes a new suburb or even the odd city. Rather disconcerting. Fortunately I managed to find a place where I could get a stiff gin and mull it all over.

Now whilst here I also did happen across a local wine. Note that I didst not say fortunately happen across. Assured by my native guide, well Australian whom once lived in these parts, that the local wines were suitable for the western and eastern palate I request my glass to be sloshed with ample gusto by the waiter. This was after my gin, which to be fair was of a reasonable comport, but alas that may have been why I didnt pick up on the now obvious tip that this chap was not one of such refined tastes as moi.

There is no eastern and western palate when it comes to wine, merely the refined and the dross. As any true follower of the art of imbuement knows, a sweet drink is not for those of a serious, studious, and above all, consistent approach to their quaffing of the grape. It just doesnt hit the spot, once one has realised there is better. So I put it to you, its not about eastern v western, it is rather about moral fibre. Ones willingness to wrangle with and eventually master this art, and thusly reaching a greatly meritorious awareness that a preference of the deeply, darkly dry wine is a testament to a mans overall roundness and depth of character.

So, my advice whence traveling to thither land of tigers, oliphants, and the computationally gifted that one sticks to the gin and avoid the grape.

AngelSword

Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:37 pm

" So I put it to you, its not about eastern v western, it is rather about moral fibre. Ones willingness to wrangle with and eventually master this art, and thusly reaching a greatly meritorious awareness that a preference of the deeply, darkly dry wine is a testament to a mans overall roundness and depth of character."

Well said!!! I find the same to be true of other beverages of a dry spirituous nature. But my wife has been complaining a bit lately about such "roundness".

AngelSword

Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:44 pm

Messier Richelieu, Or is it Cardinal?

Welcome to our little club of "Refined Vices".

Niccolò Machiavelli
How did you find Refined Vices?: zgeek
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:40 am

Many thanks old chap. My good time gal claps around these haunts, so thought it would be rather spiffy to see what the bother was all about.

Whilst I have been of a religious persuasion and somewhat of a francophile, I find it is important to jolly well try and fit in, when in Rome and all that.

Toodle oo.

• Information