I do say, where is the gin?

General discussion.

Moderators: Sñr Juan Pablo de Español, Lord Neville Crispin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Niccolò Machiavelli
How did you find Refined Vices?: zgeek
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:37 am

That ghastly foreign drink of whiskey (darned Scotsmen, vilest of barbarians) and the working mans rum are represented, with a particular attention in the forum structure i may say, but what of the traditional ladies and dandies companion. Mummies little helper. The good o. Gin.

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:59 am

Gin can be talked about in the other liquors section or here. I have not created a separate section for gin but perhaps I will if gin topics become popular. I'm not much of a gin drinker myself but I do enjoy a gin and tonic sometimes.

What comes to "working mans rum" I would like to point out that it is actually quite refined these days and no longer enjoyed only by the working man but also by the wealthy.

Welcome to the forums!
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Dood

Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:26 pm

Mmm...gin.

Baron Rupert Liberis

Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:11 pm

Niccolò Machiavelli wrote:That ghastly foreign drink of whiskey (darned Scotsmen, vilest of barbarians) and the working mans rum are represented, with a particular attention in the forum structure i may say, but what of the traditional ladies and dandies companion. Mummies little helper. The good o. Gin.
I say!
Whilst I may agree somewhat with your view of Rum, though to me I see it associated more with the naval types and common sailors than the working man, who usually indulges quite happily in a 'Pint'. I feel I should point out that you should take care of your spelling of Whisky, lest you get confused between your local barbarians single malt and your Irish Whiskey, which can also be confused with that awful american concoction oft called bourbon!
There are two things a Highlander likes naked, and one of them is malt whisky.
Scottish proverb
Single Malt Whisky[/b] A basic guide to single malt whisky I knocked up
Follow me on Twitter

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Information