Chess!

General discussion.

Moderators: Sñr Juan Pablo de Español, Lord Neville Crispin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Baron Rupert Liberis

Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:57 am

Looking around this Drawing Room with its fine chesterfields and wingbacks it has occurred to me that there should be some form of gentlemanly recreation to accompany the refined tastes of our members. I propose that we install a couple of chess boards to achieve a further air of gentlemanly sophistication.
Do any others here play?
There are two things a Highlander likes naked, and one of them is malt whisky.
Scottish proverb
Single Malt Whisky[/b] A basic guide to single malt whisky I knocked up
Follow me on Twitter

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:49 am

I have been known to occasionally to play a game of chess. I'm afraid my skills have become a little rusty due to the lack of opponents these days.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Baron Rupert Liberis

Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:34 pm

Count Silvio wrote:I have been known to occasionally to play a game of chess. I'm afraid my skills have become a little rusty due to the lack of opponents these days.
Well maybe playing one or two of the chess variations should provide a level playing field, such as Dice Chess. This would hopefully get your skills honed before we move on to play the devilishly difficult Coin Chess.

(if you are unfamiliar with these versions please feel free to familiarise yourself with them here - Chess Variations)
There are two things a Highlander likes naked, and one of them is malt whisky.
Scottish proverb
Single Malt Whisky[/b] A basic guide to single malt whisky I knocked up
Follow me on Twitter

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Information