The Birthday: From Concept to Reality

General discussion.

Moderators: Sñr Juan Pablo de Español, Lord Neville Crispin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:00 pm

Today on August 27th 2008 we celebrate the first birthday of Refined Vices, an idea that was inspired by a glass of fine rum and a fine cigar.

Looking back to over a year ago when I was trying to find information about different spirits that I wanted to try next, I remember stumbling on various internet shops that had very short, not particularily descriptive, descriptions of the product and even the better sites I found were lacking something, whether they were decent images or additional information such as history or aging methods.

The idea behind Refined Vices was to save the trouble from others and provide kind of "all in one" spirit reviews in one place and package, consistency being an important point here. These reviews would include the history, the image, any additional information that could be found and of course the most important part - the tasting notes and the overall opinion of the product.

In addition to these all in one reviews a public space was planned where people could have the possibility to ask for more information or share their own experiences and opinions.

In the summer of 2007 the first version of the website was online and ready to be experimented with. Since there was a pretty good idea what was wanted from this website, Refined Vices officially launched on August 27 2007.

How well the plan has succeeded, I let it up to you to decide.

Looking in the future there are several other plans of grandeur that may never come to be but it is certain there will be more product reviews written as often as possible. An advertisement scheme has also been planned but fear not, you will not even recognize it as advertising.

Here is a list of our upcoming rum reviews:

Appleton Estate Master Blender's Legacy
Cadenhead's Demerara Rum Ex-Laphroaig Cask
El Dorado Demerara Superior Rum
Havana Club Añejo Blanco
Havana Club Añejo Especial
Mahiki Cognac Cask Rum
Mount Gay Extra Old
Old New Orleans Rum
Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 Años
Pyrat XO Reserve Planters Gold
Rhum Clément
Ron Matusalem Gran Reserva
Rum Mocambo 20 Years Old Art Edition
Rum Nation Demerara 12 Years Old
Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum

whiskey reviews:

Bulleit Bourbon (if I ever get it)
Glenfiddich 15
Johnnie Walker Swing

and cigar reviews:
(still perfecting the rating system for cigars before I begin reviewing)
La Libertad Robusto
Rome y Julieta Romeo No. 1

Next review:
Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 Años the magnificent comparison of old and new vs oxidised.

Finally I would like to thank all the contributing members, the visitors of Refined Vices and all the people and product representatives who have ever sent me products for reviewing. I really enjoyed reviewing them :cheers:.

Thank you for keeping the site alive and lets make Refined Vices even bigger and better in the years to come :pith:.

- CS
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Lord Neville Crispin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:49 am

Happy Birthday RV, I finished my bottle of Highland Park 12 yo for you last night :tippin:

Dacaqa Fe Noyetuxuhe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:26 pm

:cheers:

I did a review last night: Bruichladdich Compare and Contrast

Many more years...and glasses.

• Information