Introduce yourself.

General discussion.

Moderators: Sñr Juan Pablo de Español, Lord Neville Crispin

Fez Wearing Brigadier
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:51 am

Scottes wrote:Aloha!

This is about as refined as I get. Laid back, comfortable, with a properly-made Mai Tai in an approved container.

But my palate, I'm happy to say, is quite refined when it comes to rums. Well, let's just say that the rest of me is always pleased when something meets the palate's approval, so the rest of me figures that my palate is quite refined indeed.

It's good to meet all of you.
Welcome Mr Scrotes!
Registered at RefinedVices.com since 1857.

AngelSword

Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:26 am

Fez Wearing Brigadier wrote:
Scottes wrote:Aloha!

This is about as refined as I get. Laid back, comfortable, with a properly-made Mai Tai in an approved container.

But my palate, I'm happy to say, is quite refined when it comes to rums. Well, let's just say that the rest of me is always pleased when something meets the palate's approval, so the rest of me figures that my palate is quite refined indeed.

It's good to meet all of you.
Welcome Mr Scrotes!
You seem to have forgotten your rank sir! This kind of response is more suitable for Fez Wearing Privates.
Last edited by AngelSword on Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fez Wearing Brigadier
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:11 am

AngelSword wrote:You seem to have forgotten your rank sir! This kind of responce is more suitable for Fez Wearing Privates.
I call it as I see it Mr SwordSwallower!
Registered at RefinedVices.com since 1857.

Mistress Elena de Tarte

Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:21 pm

Rum Runner wrote:Dear Mistress Elena. It is your perogative to enjoy whatever pre prandial suits you. You bring to this forum a delightful distraction. With a bit of dash in lighting my cigar and tipping my fedora, I welcome you. Regards
Oh my, a fedora! Mr Runner, you are indeed quite dashing and stylish, too. ;)

I am quite delighted to be in the company of fine gents, such as yourselves. Whilst I have a tendancy to merely observe, I hope that you do not mind if I partake in your conversation from time to time. I do not possess the sophistication and beauty of the fair Lady but I have been told that I do have my charming and witty moments.

Dood

Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:41 pm

Greetings all.

I've finally made my way over here and registered. I'm another disciple of Demon Rum, just looking for a tall glass and some spirits to put in it.

Actually, I'm just stalking Angelsword.

AngelSword

Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:16 am

Fez Wearing Brigadier wrote:
AngelSword wrote:You seem to have forgotten your rank sir! This kind of response is more suitable for Fez Wearing Privates.
I call it as I see it Mr SwordSwallower!
I take offense at your tone sir and proclaim you to be an impostor, a knave, and a scoundrel.

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:45 pm

:handshake:
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

AngelSword

Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:28 pm

Dood wrote:Actually, I'm just stalking Angelsword.
Be honest; it's just another bottle of my rum that you are stalking.

AngelSword

Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:40 pm

Count Silvio wrote::handshake:
Thank you. I accept your handshake and take it to mean that you in complete agreement with me regarding such unbecoming behavior for one of the members of our elite group.

Perhaps he was merely in his cups. Nonetheless he should beg pardon of both Scottes and myself. Failure to do so would be a serious breach of honor and could potentially require contact via our seconds.

Scottes

Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:26 pm

AngelSword wrote:Failure to do so would be a serious breach of honor...
I'm beginning to think that his fez is bit yellow.

Vice Admiral(ret) Yoxall

Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:06 pm

Scottes wrote: I'm beginning to think that his fez is bit yellow.

Ahem.. Dear lad... Do I detect a bit of bait being thrown there?. As Vice Admiral,(and I do mean VICE) I wish to weigh in here and allow The Brigadier his due. I am not here to defend him. He has ample ability to avail himself. Those of us in Her Majesy's Service have long enjoyed a spirited reparte amongst ourselves as well as with the Junior Officers and enlisted lads. We do not take it personally. The Brigadier is a wonderful addition to this group. And his comments always bring a smile to me. Let's just sit back and relax. I'm currently watching the anenometer with a grog and measuring the depth of bird guano piling up outside the bivouack here...It could be worse!
Stay Me with Flagons

Rum Runner

Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:37 pm

Oh my, a fedora! Mr Runner, you are indeed quite dashing and stylish, too. ;)

I am quite delighted to be in the company of fine gents, such as yourselves. Whilst I have a tendancy to merely observe, I hope that you do not mind if I partake in your conversation from time to time. I do not possess the sophistication and beauty of the fair Lady but I have been told that I do have my charming and witty moments.

Milady, you have already displayed sophistication and beauty by simply joining this refined den. Your charm and wit is a thing to be followed here as you post. Your are a woman after my own heart as you tinker with the pianoforte...Handel or Hayden? ...or both?..with a suitable pre prandial on the sideboard. Regards
Let Debrett's Peerage be your guide

AngelSword

Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:59 pm

Vice Admiral(ret) Yoxall wrote:The Brigadier is a wonderful addition to this group.
Naturally I must concur. We certainly would not want to lose him... at least until I had him skewered on the end of my plastic sword swizzle stick.

AngelSword

Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:15 am

Scottes wrote:
AngelSword wrote:Failure to do so would be a serious breach of honor...
I'm beginning to think that his fez is bit yellow.
Let us not confuse cowardice with lack of honor. I have known some very brave men who had no honor at all. And some very timid men who nonetheless have great honor. I have come to believe the 2 to be almost unrelated.

At the moment I have called the man forth on a matter of honor. Scottes has agreed to be my second. The other gentleman in question simply has to name his second so that the terms of the affair may be set between them.

The terms may be a very tricky bit, since this must be done [and verified] at great distance. Naturally it should also be something in keeping with the nature of this fine company.
Last edited by AngelSword on Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dood

Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:58 am

AngelSword wrote:
But if I stalk YOU then I can make you make MORE THAN ONE! :)

lady ermenegildo zegna

Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:34 pm

Dood wrote:
AngelSword wrote:
But if I stalk YOU then I can make you make MORE THAN ONE! :)
it would be distasteful for one to comment on the course tone this gentleman is using in company.
"I drink to make other people interesting." — George Jean Nathan

lady ermenegildo zegna

Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:39 pm

[/quote]
I do not possess the sophistication and beauty of the fair Lady but I have been told that I do have my charming and witty moments.[/quote]
oh not at all my dear mistress, you flatter my attributes too kindly. indeed i find your wit and charm to be most welcome.
i foresee many a long delightful hour spent in your company.
"I drink to make other people interesting." — George Jean Nathan

paulipbartender

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:25 pm

My what well to do company.....

Alas, my humble upbringing ill prepares me for the witty and verbose exchanges in this club, but I feel a warm sense of belonging, united as we are by our passion for all things rum related and my weakness for anything labelled a vice.

AngelSword

Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:38 pm

lady ermenegildo zegna wrote:it would be distasteful for one to comment on the course tone this gentleman is using in company.
Of course my dear. But perhaps the course tone is related to the instructive nature of the comments. Whereas a coarse tone would certainly be abrasive in such genteel company.

Rum Runner

Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:42 am

AngelSword wrote:
lady ermenegildo zegna wrote:it would be distasteful for one to comment on the course tone this gentleman is using in company.
Of course my dear. But perhaps the course tone is related to the instructive nature of the comments. Whereas a coarse tone would certainly be abrasive in such genteel company.
Point Sir!

Dood

Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:08 am

AngelSword wrote:
You beat me to it!

*shakes fist at angelsword*

Rum Runner

Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:59 pm

paulipbartender wrote:My what well to do company.....

Alas, my humble upbringing ill prepares me for the witty and verbose exchanges in this club, but I feel a warm sense of belonging, united as we are by our passion for all things rum related and my weakness for anything labelled a vice.
Welcome Sir..I think you are quite verbose when it comes to the welcome recipes you have provided. Egads, you will keep me at the bar mixing for a fair piece. That is a good thing I assure you. Bye the bye, how is Mrs. Emma Peel fairing..The last time I saw her in a catsuit I almost dropped my gimlet.
Regards

Baron Rupert Liberis

Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:38 am

Room for a Malt Whisky Lover in the drawing room?

Not that I'll be sharing my selection of fine malt whisky, but I may on occasion pontificate upon particular vintages that come my way!

I've noticed talk in some of these forums of people adding ice (or even plastic ice!!) to their single malt whisky and let me tell you my views on this adulturation of such a fine drink verge on labeling it nothing more than polluting a fine mountain stream by the addition of used swimming pool water! As for adding coke or other sugared beverages............
There are two things a Highlander likes naked, and one of them is malt whisky.
Scottish proverb
Single Malt Whisky[/b] A basic guide to single malt whisky I knocked up
Follow me on Twitter

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:43 pm

Welcome to Refined Vices, Baron. I rarely use any ice in my drinks although I might on some occasions use a cube or two. Atleast in whiskey and coke. In my opinion the flavour is the best in whiskey and rum when it is room temperature.
--

AngelSword

Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:48 am

Baron Rupert Liberis wrote:Room for a Malt Whisky Lover in the drawing room?
Welcome Baron Liberis,
I like your by-line. "There are two things a Highlander likes naked, and one of them is malt whisky. " I would like to have more of the same 2 things to be Bare'n Free.

But I frequently can do fine with scantily clad and expensive. Such as a Highland Fling... cocktail. Or http://www.angelswordstore.com/index.ph ... &Itemid=68

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:11 pm

Ahh I see you are using Joomla, Angel Sword. Is that the Lush template?
--

AngelSword

Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:13 pm

Count Silvio wrote:Ahh I see you are using Joomla, Angel Sword. Is that the Lush template?
While that may be the template designed for lushes, it doesn't mean that one must be a lush to use it. However, "if the shoe fits..."

Baron Rupert Liberis

Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:53 pm

AngelSword wrote:
Baron Rupert Liberis wrote:Room for a Malt Whisky Lover in the drawing room?
Welcome Baron Liberis,
I like your by-line. "There are two things a Highlander likes naked, and one of them is malt whisky. " I would like to have more of the same 2 things to be Bare'n Free.

But I frequently can do fine with scantily clad and expensive. Such as a Highland Fling... cocktail. Or http://www.angelswordstore.com/index.ph ... &Itemid=68
Nice! Though I imagine the naked version is slightly more dangerous!! Just like the difference between a naked blade and one in a scabbard! ;)
There are two things a Highlander likes naked, and one of them is malt whisky.
Scottish proverb
Single Malt Whisky[/b] A basic guide to single malt whisky I knocked up
Follow me on Twitter

Captain James Macenruig

Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:01 am

Well, good afternoon gents.

I figured that it would be a spiffing idea if I were to re-introduce myself to the boards, having been off on an expidition, don't you know.

With any luck, you should all be seeing more of the good Captain around the drawing room, although I must admit that I've developed a keen taste for Gin in my absence, and may have to offer some advice on the subject.

Cheerio,
J. Macenruig,
"Even if a submarine should work by a miracle, it will never be used. No country in this world would ever use such a vicious and petty form of warfare!"
- William Henderson, British admiral(1914)

Captain James Macenruig

Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:12 am

Oh, and a bally haloo to all the fresh faces who have appeared since my disappearance. Welcome aboard, chaps and ladies.
"Even if a submarine should work by a miracle, it will never be used. No country in this world would ever use such a vicious and petty form of warfare!"
- William Henderson, British admiral(1914)

• Information