General discussion.

Moderators: Sñr Juan Pablo de Español, Lord Neville Crispin

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:40 pm

Good to have you back, Captain. :tippin:
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

tiare
How did you find Refined Vices?: link from count silvio
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:39 pm

Greetings all, me too have finally find my way in here!
A Mai Tai a day...

Amarantha
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:56 am

What ho, old chaps! A rob roy straight up, barkeep, if you'd be so kind. Spiffing club you've got here, what what :)

Chuffed to meet you ladies and gents. You shall find me feminine in appearance, masculine in manner and alien in understanding ;)
Lead me not into temptation; I can find it myself.

Archbishop S. M. Octavian

Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:37 pm

Ah, looks like theres new blood on this board that I haven't met yet in my current absence and recovery from my latest bout of.. *ahem* .. research.

hello and hazy greetings to all you new people. May you come more than you go, and if you have problems with that, feel free to consult me

SamuraiBartender
How did you find Refined Vices?: Ministry of Rum

Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:39 pm

Greetings, Salutations, &c &c. to all in the RV forums!

I have made my way here from the Ministry of Rum, and am frankly delighted to have found this group of noble gentles. I look forward to any & all conversation and discussion regarding spirits, cocktails & all suitably-refined matters in-between.

Cheers!

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:49 pm

Welcome to the gentlemen's lounge SamuraiBartender and thank you for joining. I look forward to discussing the aforementioned matters with you as well.

:tippin:
--

Senator Badfellow
How did you find Refined Vices?: Count Silvo

Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:40 am

Greetings,

I am Senator Badfellow, Chairman of the Council on Foreign Drunkard Relations, and representative to the vast, vice-rich hinterlands of the American interior. It is my pleasure to attend these forums at the gracious invitation of the Hon. Count Silvo. On behalf of my constituants, we look forward to a golden era of prosperous learning and unparalleled refinement of what might essentially be called "feeling good all the time".

Cheers, ever couth ladies and gentlemen.

Fish House Punch shall now be served in the arboretum for your refreshment.

Rum Runner

Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:34 am

SamuraiBartender wrote:Greetings, Salutations, &c &c. to all in the RV forums!

I have made my way here from the Ministry of Rum, and am frankly delighted to have found this group of noble gentles. I look forward to any & all conversation and discussion regarding spirits, cocktails & all suitably-refined matters in-between.

Cheers!
Your migration to the lounge is a most welcome addition good sir.
Let Debrett's Peerage be your guide

Rum Runner

Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:46 am

Senator Badfellow wrote:Greetings,

I am Senator Badfellow, Chairman of the Council on Foreign Drunkard Relations, and representative to the vast, vice-rich hinterlands of the American interior. It is my pleasure to attend these forums at the gracious invitation of the Hon. Count Silvo. On behalf of my constituants, we look forward to a golden era of prosperous learning and unparalleled refinement of what might essentially be called "feeling good all the time".

Cheers, ever couth ladies and gentlemen.

Fish House Punch shall now be served in the arboretum for your refreshment.
It's a pleasure to see you in attendance dear Senator. It has been quite some time since I've had the pleasure of enjoying a cup of Fish House Punch in the cottage arboretum atop San Simeon.
Let Debrett's Peerage be your guide

Cardinal Richelieu
How did you find Refined Vices?: Ministry of rum

Sun May 18, 2008 8:12 pm

Good evening, gentlemen.

First, I must salute the Count for the wealth of information on this site! I've spent some time reading the forums at Refined Vices and the Ministry of Rum and decided it's the time to join the discussion.

I discovered rum a couple of years ago and I'm delighted to witness that rum is slowly receiving the appreciation it deserves. A few years ago it was impossible to get your hands on say, Zacapa Centenario or El Dorado 15. Today I have both on my shelf. How the world changes!

And yes, we men of church do like a good rum now and then.

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Sun May 18, 2008 8:39 pm

Good evening, Cardinal.

I thank you for your kind comments and I give you my warmest welcomes. I hope you enjoy your stay here at Refined Vices.

It is indeed delightful that the appreciation is growing but I hope with this growing appreciation the price of the rum does not grow too much. I'm glad you've been able to obtain both Zacapa and El Dorado 15, rums that no-one should be without.
--

Sir Arthur Pendragon
How did you find Refined Vices?: Zgeek

Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:57 am

Good day Gentlemen and Most lovely of Ladies that grace these fine forums. A doff of the fedora to you all.

My name is Sir Arthur Pendragon, president of Excalibur Holdings, at your service.

I will be taking care of the brewed beverages for everyone. I know many see it as the drink of the plebs, but the brews that will be featured in my brewery will be of the finest quality. Fit for our noble selves. Should anyone wish to review some brewed elixirs of their choice, feel free. Should one require any assistance with their reviews, I will be more than willing to help.
May ye live for a hundred years
Plus one more to repent.

AngelSword

Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:44 pm

Sir Arthur Pendragon wrote:My name is Sir Arthur Pendragon, president of Excalibur Holdings, at your service.
Which of the various Excaliburs do you hold?

Sir Arthur Pendragon
How did you find Refined Vices?: Zgeek

Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:56 am

AngelSword wrote:
Sir Arthur Pendragon wrote:My name is Sir Arthur Pendragon, president of Excalibur Holdings, at your service.
Which of the various Excaliburs do you hold?

The one true Excalibur presented to my good self by a curiously submerged lady, and I hold it really quite firmly...
May ye live for a hundred years
Plus one more to repent.

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:04 am

This submerged lady of yours, she did not happen to give you any Seven Fathoms Rum?
--

Amarantha

Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:37 pm

"Listen! Strange women, lyin' about in ponds, distributin' swords..."

Oh, sorry old chum, wrong forum :P

*goes to n3rd forumz to hold forth on watery tarts, moistened bints and valid bases for systems of government...*

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:26 pm

Welcome to our latest member Forrest. Pleasure to have you aboard sir!
--

JaRiMi
How did you find Refined Vices?: through another forum

Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:59 pm

Evening gents,

I thought I'd scribble a lil' something about myself here. Having lived in the Caribbean (Trinidad & Tobago) among other places (Canada, UK, Spain) I find myself now in this furthest Northern corner of Europe.

I first enjoyed a sip of fine rum around 1987, and have respected the noble spirit ever since. Single Malt Whisky is another spirit that I have come to enjoy, and I am also a bit of a collector by my nature so bottles tend to gather up. Cigars are not my thing; I think rum etc. is enough of a "vice" for me personally.

I am delighted to have found this venue where to discuss all things rum.

Le Roturier
How did you find Refined Vices?: Cpt Jimbo website

Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Bonsoir distinguish members,

I'm François Clotaire deVilleDieu, known as "Le Roturier". Noble by birth, gentleman by upbringing, commoner by choice.

Besides some detours by Ottawa (Canada), Krakòw (Polska), Jumet (Belgique) and 日本の東京 (Tokyo, Japan), I am a loyal citizen of Montréal.

Although I enjoy discovering other declinations of the noble spirit, my vice of predilection is dark aged rum. I've kept one bottle of each brand of rum I've tasted, as a reminder, so you might call me a collector.

Dissatisfied by the Ministry of Rum, I come here to augment my enjoyment of rum.
Noble by birth, gentleman by upbringing, commoner by choice.

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:08 pm

JaRiMi wrote: I am delighted to have found this venue where to discuss all things rum.
Delighted to have you here Sir! :tippin:
Le Roturier wrote:Bonsoir distinguish members,

I'm François Clotaire deVilleDieu, known as "Le Roturier". Noble by birth, gentleman by upbringing, commoner by choice.

Besides some detours by Ottawa (Canada), Krakòw (Polska), Jumet (Belgique) and 日本の東京 (Tokyo, Japan), I am a loyal citizen of Montréal.

Although I enjoy discovering other declinations of the noble spirit, my vice of predilection is dark aged rum. I've kept one bottle of each brand of rum I've tasted, as a reminder, so you might call me a collector.

Dissatisfied by the Ministry of Rum, I come here to augment my enjoyment of rum.
Bienvenue François! Nice to see more Europeans on this board. I do hope you enjoy the conversations here and perhaps we will see at the RumFest in London later this year.
--

forrest
How did you find Refined Vices?: Ministry of Rum

Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:10 pm

Count Silvio wrote:Welcome to our latest member Forrest. Pleasure to have you aboard sir!
Sir, yes Sir, and thank you for having me.

Please excuse my foolish breach of etiquette, having been wandering the forum i have finally made it here to introduce myself and i am found to be quite tardy-- my apologies...

My name is forrest, i am man of piffling consequence, little significance, and low breeding-- a noble to none (excepting of course in spirit).

i look forward to share your views and learning from all of you in an atmosphere of sociable conviviality.

Pieter
How did you find Refined Vices?: google

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:09 pm

First of all, it's nice to see the site back online!
My account was lost with the crash, so here I am again.

My name is Pieter, 24 years old from the Netherlands.
A year of 3 ago i had my first encounter with some nice rum. I believe it was the Bacardi 8 anos.
since that time I've been in and out liquor stores a lot :)
Nowadays I have around 40 bottles, of which I will post a picture this weekend.
My favorite regions are Barbados and Guyana.

Besides rum, I also love to smoke a nice cigar.
It's almost every week that i visit the Oliva Cigar Lounge in a city nearby.
It really is one of the best cigar shop in the Netherlands

I try to smoke a different cigar each time, but there are a few favorites which come back every now and then.
I really can appreciate the Partagas D4, But if i'm honest, I'm more into Non Cubans.
Arturo feunte hemmingway, Chateau Fuente, Ashton VSG, Oliva V, My Father, Illusione and Tatuaje.
Those cigars I usually smoke.

Back to rum.
I went to the UK Rumfest last year, and met some people at the afterparty.
This year I'll be there again, and I hope to see some people from the forum!

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:20 am

Pieter wrote:First of all, it's nice to see the site back online!
My account was lost with the crash, so here I am again.

My name is Pieter, 24 years old from the Netherlands.
A year of 3 ago i had my first encounter with some nice rum. I believe it was the Bacardi 8 anos.
since that time I've been in and out liquor stores a lot :)
Nowadays I have around 40 bottles, of which I will post a picture this weekend.
My favorite regions are Barbados and Guyana.

Besides rum, I also love to smoke a nice cigar.
It's almost every week that i visit the Oliva Cigar Lounge in a city nearby.
It really is one of the best cigar shop in the Netherlands

I try to smoke a different cigar each time, but there are a few favorites which come back every now and then.
I really can appreciate the Partagas D4, But if i'm honest, I'm more into Non Cubans.
Arturo feunte hemmingway, Chateau Fuente, Ashton VSG, Oliva V, My Father, Illusione and Tatuaje.
Those cigars I usually smoke.

Back to rum.
I went to the UK Rumfest last year, and met some people at the afterparty.
This year I'll be there again, and I hope to see some people from the forum!
Welcome back Pieter! I am so sorry about your account but I am really glad you decided to re-register. Those Guyanese make good rum alright! One of my favorite rums is the El Dorado 15. If you can get your hands on some Silver Seal, Samaroli or Veliers bottlings, don't hesitate to do so as lot of them are really good. I believe Velier and Samaroli do Single Barrel bottlings only. Samaroli also has Barbados rum.

I'll also be at the RumFest this year among many other members from the forums. Really looking forward to it this year.
--

lwtcs
How did you find Refined Vices?: friend

Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:50 am

Please pardon my bad manners for not stopping here to introduce myself earlier.

I am LT and have these past couple of years been dedicating my spare (and not so spare) time to learning about the ,,,,,spirit of rum.

My experiments have been very gratifying. But I have so little exposure to the more esteemed rums.

I am hopeful that I can develope further and create more of a referance point with which judge and appreciate a,,,,a more commercially recognized point of view.

cheers Everyone
LT
Spitting in the dunder pit when all eyes are elsewhere.

peetie44
How did you find Refined Vices?: link from MDM forum

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:28 pm

Oh, dear...

While making one of my, alas, too infrequent visits to the club, and after replying to a few excellent cigar threads, I retired to the drawing room for a dram of whisky and a spot of reading. While perusing the club's generous amount and variety of available periodicals, it came to my attention that, other than what amounted to a quick "hello" following my being accepted into the club's membership rolls on October 1, 2008, I have somehow inadvertently failed to promptly and properly introduce myself. Therefore, with your kindest indulgences (hopefully), following my most sincere apologies, please allow me to rectify this most regrettable and rather shameful laxity in my manners.

I am called peetie44; which is not my boarding-school chums' diminutive familiarity of the name "Peter", nor does the number "44" designate a lineage or any such presumption of title.

"Peetie Wheatsraw" was the professional nom d'plume of the late William Bunch, a noted twentieth-century North American of African descent, a composer of music, pianist and baritone, who was active in the Saint Louis, Missouri vicinity throughout the 1930s and whom, as many have remarked, I am said to resemble in a manner of fashion and, thusly so, the name appears to have attached itself to me for the duration.

The "44" denotes, as being in honor of, the athletic uniform number, worn with much pride, vigor and valor in many a long-ago contest of friendly strife, of a greatly beloved American sportsman, active in the 1960s and 1970s; one Jerry Alan West (of the landed, West Virginia Wests), who, many years past, most honorably represented my hometown sports club and was somewhat of a boyhood hero of mine.

I am an expatriate, United States citizen, currently living in the Limburg (Flanders) region of Belgium. I enjoy a variety of fine, continental cuisine; very often while dining within a particular menu offering's country of origin (though I do admit to a decided penchant towards a certain, rather proletarian, Vlaamisch dish; "Steppegras"). I prefer Islay single malt Scotch whisky, Kentucky bourbon whiskey, Guinness stout, Belgian pilsner and trappist biers (most particularly, Westvleteren 12), the red wines of France, Italy, Spain and Portugal and, lastly, Cuban and Dutch cigars. I have but rarely been known to refuse an offering of good rum, fine brandy or a properly proportioned gin and tonic. I shall turn 59 years old come this July 2nd and am a single gentleman; presently active in the arts as a musician -- voluntarily and only for the most deserving of charitable causes, of course.

And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen; so nice to be allowed amidst your ranks and, once again, please allow me to apologize for my most unfortunate, previous lapse in decorum.

(By-the-by, Count, old boy...perhaps a round of drinks, billed to my membership, for those assembled?)
"Time wounds all heels." -- Julius "Groucho" Marx

www.gene-taylor.com

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Thu May 05, 2011 4:01 pm

Fine post sir, I shall raise a toast! :cheers:

:tippin:
--

• Information