Rookie Highball

Share your ingenious monstrosities and horrific blasphemies here.

Moderator: paulipbartender

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SamuraiBartender
How did you find Refined Vices?: Ministry of Rum
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:30 am

This was one of the first cocktails I'd ever created & it remains one of my standbys. Anyone who persues the pages of Imbibe magazine should check the upcoming May/June issue, as I am informed that this is scheduled to be printed therein! :D

For those who do not, read on & enjoy!

Rookie Highball
1 oz. + 1/8 oz. Pimm's No. 1 Cup
1 oz. Jameson's Irish Whiskey
2 dashes fresh Lemon juice
2 dashes Angostura bitters
Ginger Ale
Combine first four ingredients over ice in a highball glass. Fill with Ginger Ale & stir to chill. Enjoy!

That looks like a damn fine punch you have there Samurai. I may have to rustle myself up one this afternoon :)

Cheers!

SamuraiBartender
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:28 am

That looks like a damn fine punch you have there Samurai. I may have to rustle myself up one this afternoon
Why thank you..? Just to clear up my confusion here - how did this reply (?) get added to the bottom of my post (and whom am I thanking for its appearance?).

Cheers!
P.S. - I presume this is the sort of glitchy thing one alerts Master Silvio about..?
P.S.S - Has the punch-rustling been accomplished? If so how did you like it?

paulipbartender

Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:47 am

oooooooooops!

I think I may have been abusing my moderator super powers!!! I must have hit the 'Edit' button rather than 'Quote' and added my reply to yours. My apologies

Bill Gorton

Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:12 pm

The quote is coming FROM INSIDE THE POST!
"Never be daunted. Secret of my success. Never been daunted. Never been daunted in public."

SamuraiBartender

Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:04 pm

I hadn't checked back on this post for a bit - Tiare spotted this and had asked me if/why/how I was talking to myself... :lol:

As 'punishment' for your accidental edit you must dust off the Pimm's and sample said Highball :lol:

Cheers!

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:10 pm

Hehe I was wondering what that was all about before I read Pauls post. I considered maybe your girlfriend/wife was using your account. Pimms, now there is another one I need to check if we have it or not. Any replacements for Pimms if I cannot get it?
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

SamuraiBartender

Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:10 pm

Regarding substitutes, none that I can think of really - Pimm's is kind of unique as far as I've seen.

Actually, thinking on it, I've never seen or had it but the distillers of Plymouth Gin supposedly have a Pimm's-like bottled sling sort of stuff. Much as with their Sloe Gin, if it has a Plymouth gin base, I doubt it could be bad...

As you're from the source, any ideas on this one Paul?
Cheers!

paulipbartender

Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:30 pm

SamuraiBartender wrote:Regarding substitutes, none that I can think of really - Pimm's is kind of unique as far as I've seen.

Actually, thinking on it, I've never seen or had it but the distillers of Plymouth Gin supposedly have a Pimm's-like bottled sling sort of stuff. Much as with their Sloe Gin, if it has a Plymouth gin base, I doubt it could be bad...

As you're from the source, any ideas on this one Paul?
Cheers!
There's is indeed a similar product you might buy - The Plymouth Gin Cup. Sounds like a sailing competition but it's actually a very nice Pimms'esque blend of gin and bitters.

I'll let you know when I try out the Highball Samurai

Amarantha

Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:49 am

Bill Gorton wrote:The quote is coming FROM INSIDE THE POST!
:lol:

Congratulations, sir; for your prize you have won the internet!

SamuraiBartender

Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:56 pm

Anyone who persues the pages of Imbibe magazine should check the upcoming May/June issue, as I am informed that this is scheduled to be printed therein!
It would seem I had spoken too soon on this, having just purchased the latest issue of Imbibe, I am somewhat crestfallen to note that, for whatever reason, my recipe was not included in this issue.
Ah well, enjoy the drink anyway everyone...

Cheers!

tiare
How did you find Refined Vices?: link from count silvio

Thu May 01, 2008 4:02 am

Don´t be crestfallen..this recipe will be published soon..magazines always are a bit after their planning...

You soon see it! :D

• Information