15 Steps to Setting Up a Gorgeous Bar

Share your ingenious monstrosities and horrific blasphemies here.

Moderator: paulipbartender

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:29 am

I found this news item 15 Steps to Setting Up a Gorgeous Bar while doing the rounds on the internet and was looking at the image and thinking, why yes that does look nice. I then started looking at the cost of things listed below the image, I was speechless.

The total cost for their Gorgeous Bar would be a whopping 2248 dollars! Thats three glasses, a cocktail shaker, bottle opener, a jigger, a muddler, a decanter, tongs and some random junk but probably the most important item of all the things combined is the 537 dollar Wooden Tray. :migraine:

Need I say more?
BonAppetit.com wrote:Gorgeous gear is the latest trend for the home bar. We swear by our two-inch ice spheres (for slower whiskey dilution), Lewis bag (for hammering out perfect crushed ice), and Champagne coupes (they can do double duty as cocktail glasses). Mix in your favorite spirits--or stock up on the best of the basics--and voila, the party begins.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Theodore S. Maul, Esq.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:13 am

One of those I'm familiar with: the Iittala Collective Tools bottle opener (we have a lot of Iittala Tools in the kitchen). Iittala does make good stuff but 30€/$40 for a stainless still bottle opener is ridiculous - even for a design item.
And therefore I conclude that Carthage must be destroyed.

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:19 pm

Its funny when they call it a designer item when in reality its just a smooth shape of steel with not that much design in it at all. :hsugh:
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Information