Appleton Cocktails

Share your ingenious monstrosities and horrific blasphemies here.

Moderator: paulipbartender

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
paulipbartender
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:01 am

We're running a Bartending Competition for Appleton and I thought you might be interested in some of the cocktails created;

The Cocktails

Alistair Malcolm – Albannach – The Oracle
37.5ml VX
25ml funkin green apple puree
12.5ml fresh lime
25ml tablet sugar
Shake - Top sparkling mineral water
Apple fan garnish

Matt Keegan – Blanche House – Duck Soup
40ml VX
20ml funkin apricot puree
12.5ml dark cacao “Des Iles”
10ml chilli sugar syrup
Juice from ½ lime
Shake into martini
Garnish with a soup spoon

Rob Poulter – Raouls – Vxcellent
50ml VX
25ml funkin pineapple
25ml fresh lime juice
12.5ml rosemary syrup
Shake into martini
Garnish with slice of pineapple and rosemary

Tom Soden – Trailer Happiness – Black River Flip
50ml VX
30ml funkin mango
10ml gomme
10ml elderflower
15ml fresh lemon
3-4 basil leaves
50ml whipped egg
Shake twice; hawthorn in the shaker to froth plus ice
Serve straight up

Esther Medina – Ronnie Scott’s – Joybeah
50ml Appleton 12yo
5ml Carpone
5ml Molasses
15ml Quince Liqueur (Bramley & Sage)
Stir and ball over 1 ball of ice made with funkin Morello Cherry puree
Garnish - Flambé bananas with Wray & Nephew, brown sugar and cinnamon. Serve on the side

Bruce Hamilton – Tiger Lilly – Heart of Jamaica
37.5ml VX
37.5ml funkin pineapple
50ml egg white
10ml vanilla gomme -> the foam ingredients
25ml double cream
5ml Louis Alexander Grand Marnier
2 lemon zests
Shake all these ingredients and pour into a soda siphon. Foam these ingredients into a rocks glass around the shot glass containing the below;

37.5ml VX
20ml fine ruby port -> pour into shot glass
20ml funkin morello cherry

Garnish with pineapple leaf and 2 straws - 1 into the foam and 1 into the shot glass

Gary Hayward – Boutique
25ml VX
25ml Appleton Extra
25ml lime juice
75ml pineapple juice
25ml funkin passion fruit puree
20ml spiced pineapple syrup
1 whole passion fruit
25ml Wray & Nephew
Shake and strain into Napoli Grande glass
Garnish cinnamon dust

Paul Mant – Mahiki – Wrong Island Iced Tea
60ml VX
20ml lime juice
10ml Falernum
10ml Cointreau
10ml Passion
15ml Pink Grapefruit
2 dash bitters
15ml funkin pineapple
10ml guava juice
Shake and strain into tiki mug

Danny Murphy – The Cuba
40ml Appleton Extra
10ml banana and tobacco bitters
1 bar spoon palm sugar
10ml baby coconut milk
5ml funkin pineapple
10ml Blandy’s Medira
Orange zest
Lemon zest
Leather glove
Stir and strain

More Appleton comp stuff at http://www.ipbartenders.com/appleton_ba ... nkin.phtml
Last edited by paulipbartender on Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:06 pm

Very interesting cocktails, they sound like cocktails I have to make next summer! A few of them have ingredients I would have never even considered using. Is it possible to use Appleton Extra instead of the VX in some of the cocktails? I'm asking because the VX is not readily available here.

Great post Paulip!
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

paulipbartender
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:07 pm

Some of the drinks will have been specifically crafted using VX, but in a lot of cases you could swap for Extra.

I forgot to mention, the 10 bartenders in our comp will be competing over 6 more rounds including each doing a 10 minute presentation on rums from a selected caribbean island. I'll post up their presentations if you're interested.

Scottes

Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:29 pm

I did start reading that, but feel it could get lost and forgotten given the time period involved.

I'd be interested in seeing something that lets me get up to date and hopefully another place to post the proceedings.

paulipbartender

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:52 pm

I'll keep you posted on it all here, and there are updates on the ipbartenders website below

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:24 pm

paulipbartender wrote:Some of the drinks will have been specifically crafted using VX, but in a lot of cases you could swap for Extra.

I forgot to mention, the 10 bartenders in our comp will be competing over 6 more rounds including each doing a 10 minute presentation on rums from a selected caribbean island. I'll post up their presentations if you're interested.
Do you think it would be a suitable frontpage article rather than a forum post?
--

paulipbartender

Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:45 pm

I think the rum presentations and the Jamaican bartending comp would be good front page posts.

I'll send you all the material and you can decide where you want to decorate your site with it

:)

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:08 pm

Excellent. I will credit you on the frontpage for this. I'll send my e-mail address to you via PM.
--

tiare
How did you find Refined Vices?: link from count silvio

Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:04 pm

paulipbartender wrote:We're running a Bartending Competition for Appleton and I thought you might be interested in some of the cocktails created;

Danny Murphy – The Cuba
40ml Appleton Extra
10ml banana and tobacco bitters
1 bar spoon palm sugar
10ml baby coconut milk
5ml funkin pineapple
10ml Blandy’s Medira
Orange zest
Lemon zest
Leather glove
Stir and strain
This drink I want to try, but Paul, can you please explain to me what is "leather glove"?
A Mai Tai a day...

paulipbartender

Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:07 pm

You might want to ignore that bit. Danny wanted to include all of the flavour notes that he found in Appleton Extra, and rather than add a leather note, he served his cocktail in a glass wrapped in a leather glove.

It was a stunning drink as I recall

tiare
How did you find Refined Vices?: link from count silvio

Sat May 03, 2008 1:26 am

And...what is Blandy’s Medira? and how to make banana and tobacco bitters? that`s all i need to know..
A Mai Tai a day...

• Information