Aguardiente

Everything that is not rum, whiskey or brandy & cognac.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Rum Runner
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu May 08, 2008 11:33 pm

This spirit spans the diaspora from Spain to South America. The raw material ranges from grape skins to sugar cane.

I was mucking about with some of the Spanish style, and we held a typical Galician themed meal ending as described here . It certainly got the party rolling!
Let Debrett's Peerage be your guide

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Fri May 09, 2008 10:13 am

Did you recite the spell as well?
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Rum Runner
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri May 09, 2008 12:08 pm

Indeed we did!
Let Debrett's Peerage be your guide

JaRiMi
How did you find Refined Vices?: through another forum

Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:11 pm

In Madeira rum (known as Aguar dente) distillation from local sugar cane has sadly all but died in recent years, mainly because the sugar cane growing on the island is also dying out as crops of vegetables especially replace the small cane fields located in the island's warmest microclimate valleys.

I had the opportunity to taste the local produce of rum, and it is very, very pungent, smoky and carrying in it strong burned flavour. You either love it or hate it. Still I think Madeira must be one of the Northernmost places where sugar cane has been grown for centuries, and the loss of the local industry and rum is - a loss.

Dacaqa Fe Noyetuxuhe

Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:48 am

I have some of this product. It is labelled Aguardiente Verde. Not too badly.

JaRiMi
How did you find Refined Vices?: through another forum

Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:27 am

I got the anejo from Madeira, but on 2nd trip there was told that they no longer had the product. :cry:

forrest
How did you find Refined Vices?: Ministry of Rum

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:58 pm

i haven't had the Spanish stuff, but do regularly keep a bottle of the Colombian handy (Antioqueno is the brand).
Colombian aguardiente is distilled from Molasses and flavored with Anise, it is quite tasty, and very nice in mixed drinks.

• Information