Tanqueray Gin

Everything that is not rum, whiskey or brandy & cognac.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
captain gonzo
How did you find Refined Vices?: current member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:46 pm

In my adventuring into the world of gin I have found this to be the best of the low end premium market.

There are great divisions in the gin world between gordons, bombay sapphire and tanqueray but personally I find the soft rounded finish and delicat bouquet of Tanqueray works well best as a neat gin or in a martini. The problem is it is too fine for a G&T as it doesn't have the robust flavour and dryness of gordons to cut through the tonic.

I am looking forward to pushing into higher end gins and some fromt he USA and Jenever from the Netherlands to expand on my gin adventures.

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:50 pm

Not much of a gin fan but if I drink gin its Bombay for me.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Bishi
How did you find Refined Vices?: Rather delightful.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:46 pm

Try a Hendrick's & Tonic (with cucumber, not lime).

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:48 am

Blast from the past! I'm still not a big gin drinker but there are certain gin cocktails that I do love, they don't share their recipes at Experimental Cocktail Club in London but some of those gin drinks are magic.

As for the Hendricks unusual tonic I believe I've once tried this, in order to get more cucumber flavour to the tonic, dare I suggest infusing the cucumber slices in the tonic before serving?
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

• Information