IPBartenders Rum Experience March 19th, 26th and 2nd April

Upcoming events of all kind.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:37 am

IPBartenders wrote:Ben Reed and Paul McFadyen of IPBartenders will be hosting a journey through the world of rum at the famous IPB bar this March. Including a guided tour of the 250 rums on display at their bar, Ben and Paul will be delivering a fascinating insight into the histories, characters, cocktails and brands that that have made the golden rum category the fastest growing in the on-trade.
Go to Rum Experience.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:53 pm

So how was the Rum Experience, Paul?
--

paulipbartender
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:14 am

Sorry for the delay in replying old chap.

The Rum experience was exceptional. About 40 people sat through the course on the 3 days tasting 20 rums a day and sitting through some fun training.

We even managed to make a passable 32-35% distillate from a blackstrap mollases 18 hour fermented wash, with our little pot still.

Most of the info and pics are up on our website with lots of downloadable content. People might find the breakdown of rum countries and marques of interest http://www.ipbartenders.com/images/528. ... 1207560133

Here's the Rum Experience section of our sitehttp://www.ipbartenders.com/ipbartender ... ence.phtml

Any London based Vicers would be welcome at the next selection of dates. Just drop me a line

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:24 pm

20 rums a day you say? Does that equal to 20 standard measures? (I hope no spitting aka wasting of the rum was done) Thanks for the links.
--

paulipbartender
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:39 am

Count Silvio wrote:20 rums a day you say? Does that equal to 20 standard measures? (I hope no spitting aka wasting of the rum was done) Thanks for the links.
No spitting as far as I saw. God forbid! We usually serve out about 15-20ml measure of each rum for the tasting, however, my own tasting mat is usually over-flowing

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:44 am

Tasting mats eh, wonder if I should get some made for Refined Vices and start selling them.
--

lwtcs
How did you find Refined Vices?: friend

Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:01 pm

[quote="paulipbartender"]

We even managed to make a passable 32-35% distillate from a blackstrap mollases 18 hour fermented wash, with our little pot still.

Sounds very interesting. Passable you say. How so?
Spitting in the dunder pit when all eyes are elsewhere.

• Information