Prohibition 1920s 5th of April 33 Portland Place, London.

Upcoming events of all kind.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:12 pm

Prohibition 1920s wrote:The faded grandeur, grand staircases and chandeliered ballrooms of 33 Portland Place will play host to surreptitious cocktail quaffing and raucous Charleston dancing on Saturday 5th April as the roaring 20s are being revived for what is now London’s famous Prohibition night.

As roulettes turn, halogen bulbs flash and tap dancers tap, guests are invited to sip Hendrick’s Gin from teacups, dance to live bands and gramophone DJs and watch flamboyant floor shows in what will be a bigger, wilder and more glamorous follow on from the hugely popular Prohibition Re-Bourne previously held at Bourne and Hollingsworth.

As many have done before, it is time for guests to step back in time and don 1920’s style costumes - flapper dresses, smoking jackets, headbands and moustache wax. Whether it is to seek bootleg booze hidden in tea and plant pots, watch 1920s films, or swing the night away, retrophiles and partygoers alike will love this glamorous new monthly fixture.

Held in a private central London mansion house that screams dilapidated glamour and Vile Bodies style debauchery, the setting is ideal for reviving the fun and frivolity of a bygone age.

Prohibition 1920s
Tickets £15.00.
Had I noticed this event earlier I would have posted it on the frontpage. Looks like a fun event, I wonder if Paul or the Baron will attend to this event? There should be more events like this. Perhaps a Refined Vices event would be like this.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:31 pm

Thought I'd add this video here.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Information