Appleton to launch a 30 year old rum

News
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:21 pm

April 1, 2008; Kingston, Jamaica. Appleton Estate Jamaica Rum has introduced a limited edition 30 year old rum.

Only 1,440 bottles of Appleton Estate 30 Year Old Jamaica Rum has been produced, and according to David McConnell, Managing Director of Global Marketing for Appleton Estate Jamaica Rum, this limited edition rum will be available in select markets across the globe.

“Appleton Estate 30 Year Old Jamaica Rum is a very rare and special rum that has been aged in oak casks for 30 years. It is a limited edition product and we are only producing 1,440 bottles which we will release in select markets across the globe where it will be available in duty free and luxury or boutique accounts.”

Appleton Estate 30 Year Old Jamaica Rum is packaged in a proprietary bottle whose design was inspired by the Appleton Estate signature bottle that has been a hallmark of the brand since it was launched 20 years ago. The bottle has a cork finish and each bottle has a hand-numbered certificate of authenticity.

Read the full news article on the frontpage.
According to Robert Burr the price will be around $250 and $300 a bottle. It is a fantastic looking decanter and would nicely decorate any rum collection.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

paulipbartender
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:49 am

I'll let you know how it tastes when we get back from the Estate in June. Looks like a guaranteed winner!!!!!

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:36 pm

I hope to taste this rum one day, perhaps at RumFest should I make it there. I look forward to hearing your tasting notes.
--

JaRiMi
How did you find Refined Vices?: through another forum
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:28 pm

At that price, this is a veritable bargain! In UK the standard 21yo is well over £ 100 per bottle these days..huge rise from what it was just a few years ago at about £ 60. :cry:

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:36 pm

Quite so, considering how difficult and expensive it is to age something 30 years in a tropical environment.
--

dvdonson

Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:35 pm

has anyone confirmed the cost and availability of this rum. I am looking forward to adding this to ,y growing collection of rums.

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:49 pm

According to Ian Burrel the cost is looking to be between £200-£250. The actual price and availability is still unkown because it has not been released yet but you should call your distributors and see if they can acquire it for you when it is released. Perhaps even call Appleton and ask if they are going to import the rum near your city. Since there are only 1440 bottles made you are going to be extremely lucky if you get one. I will be sure to post a news article on the frontpage when this rum is finally released.

Welcome to the forums, I look forward to our conversations.
--

• Information