Seven Fathoms Gets Silver Medal

News
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:17 pm

It might not be a medal in the Summer Olympic Games in Beijing, but Seven Fathoms Rum has brought home silver from one of the largest and most prestigious annual spirits competitions in the United States.

The rum category tastings of the 2008 International Review of Spirits Competition took place in May in Chicago. More than 80 rums from around the world were entered in the tasting. In being awarded a silver medal, Cayman’s only locally distilled rum scored 88 points, a score that indicates it is highly recommended by the Beverage Tasting Institute.

“We are very pleased with this result in our first ever tasting,” said Michael Kennedy, one of the co–founders of Seven Fathoms Rum. “As a small and new craft distillery, we were able to beat out several major distilleries and entries from countries with large established rum industries."

Seven Fathoms just had its official launch in May. The spirit, which is being marketed as a premium sipping rum, uses a unique underwater maturation process. Oak barrels are filled with the distilled rum and dropped to a depth of 42 feet – or seven fathoms – and allowed to age there.

Full article on frontpage.

I wonder when I get to review this rum.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Capn Jimbo
How did you find Refined Vices?: Surfing

Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:48 pm

Caveat: be sure to take your Dramamine before tasting this rum! Great post, btw...
Regards,
Capn Jimbo
Rum Project
Rum Project Forum

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:57 pm

If you're near the Caymans look for some floating rum barrels in the near future :P: Hurricane Watch likely for Cayman (Click to read)

In all its seriousness I hope it doesn't do much damage.
--

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:27 pm

Seven Fathoms Rum has a new improved website with pictures and more info. http://www.sevenfathomsrum.com
--

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Information