Black Tot Rum - Last Consignment

News
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:16 am

31st July 2010 will see the launch of a limited edition piece of Royal Naval history, the very last remaining stocks of Royal Naval rum from 1970.

On July 31st 1970 a 300 year old Royal Naval tradition ended at precisely 6 bells in the forenoon watch, when the last rum ration was issued aboard ships of the British Royal Navy, a day to be forever known as Black Tot Day.

To celebrate 40 years since the last rum ration was issued to the British Royal Navy, the very same rum that has been stored away since 1970, is being re-launched under the name Black Tot - Last Consignment.
Read the entire article on the frontpage (includes tasting notes by Dave Broom).
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

tiare
How did you find Refined Vices?: link from count silvio
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:39 pm

This is an incredible rum, its just too bad for most of we can`t buy it. I was lucky enough to taste it at Tales of the Cocktail and i would summarize it as a rum with many and deep flavors and a very long finish. Would LOVE me a bottle!
A Mai Tai a day...

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:54 am

I've just spotted this rum in Australia! Price is a bit steeper than in the UK though.

http://nicks.com.au/Product/View/Black- ... %29/485291
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Information