The Golden Rum Barrel Awards 2010

News
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:49 pm

The winners of the first ever Golden Rum Barrel Awards were finally announced at the dinner that took place on Saturday evening on the 16th of October with some brands grabbing double awards in different categories.

The competition took place at an undisclosed location a couple of days prior the worlds biggest Rum Festival with some pretty exclusive rums available for tasting such as Appleton 30 Year Old and Black Tot Last Consignment.

The tasting panel consisted of several International Rum Experts, each who had previously nominated their top picks for the categories. These were then compiled and narrowed down to the top 5 rums in each category.
See the winners on the frontpage!
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

pkazimir
How did you find Refined Vices?: through Tatu

Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:07 pm

The results look very interesting. Look at the solera winner. Atlantico won against Zacapa 23 AND XO!! Congrats to the Atlantico brand owners.

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:30 pm

It was a very tough competition though it does not surprise me it won against Zacapa 23.
--

RobertBurr
How did you find Refined Vices?: Ministry Of Rum

Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:08 pm

Zafra won the Best New Brand, but you've listed Banks 5. Was there some mistake?
Robert A. Burr
Gifted Rums Guide
Gifted Rums Tasting Events
http://www.giftedrums.com

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:14 pm

RobertBurr wrote:Zafra won the Best New Brand, but you've listed Banks 5. Was there some mistake?
My bad! Must have been drunk or tired or both. Thanks for pointing that out.
--

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Information