Review: Cacique 500 Ron Extra Añejo

Rum, Rhum, Ron. Talk about your favorite sugarcane spirits in this rum forum.

Moderator: Henry Deare, Adventurer

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Wed May 21, 2008 8:56 pm

When I bought this rum in Spain I didn't know anything about it and previously I had only seen some advertisement for the rum so the image of the chieftain in the label was somewhat familiar. I had already bought several rums from Spain but I decided I needed one more for "research" purposes that is rum reviewing, so I picked up Cacique 500 Ron Extra Añejo because it stood out from all the generic Captain Morgan bottles. I didn't know what to expect from this rum but little did I know I was in for a treat.

Cacique rums are produced by Licoreras Unidas S.A. which is located in La Miel, Lara State, Venezuela. The facility produces more than 3.5 million cases a year and all the rum brands made by Licoreras Unidas have been awarded the coveted ISO 9000 international quality certification. All Cacique rums are a blend of different rums in different proportions. Before blending the first aging phase is done in white oak barrels.

Cacique 500 Ron Extra Añejo was launched in 1992 to commemorate the 500th anniversary of the discovery of the New World. This rum is produced exclusively at Hacienda Saruro, in Lara State, Venezuela, where the purest spring water and fertile cane plantations ensure the availability of the best ingredients. Cacique 500 is artisanal rum made of molasses, distilled in old copper stills and aged up to 8 years in carefully selected oak barrels. After the aging the master distiller tastes the final result of each barrel reserving only the best for Cacique 500.
Read the full Cacique 500 rum review on the frontpage.

Apparently this is an older bottle judging from the chieftain logo in the label. The images I can find in google show a much younger chieftain on the bottle label. Personally I think this old logo works better. Another Venezuelan rum that I love and need to get more.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Sat May 24, 2008 7:39 am

Dood said that the tequila aromas and tastes are not uncommon to pot-still rums. Any take on this?
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Information