Ron Zacapa Centenario New Design

Rum, Rhum, Ron. Talk about your favorite sugarcane spirits in this rum forum.

Moderator: Henry Deare, Adventurer

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:40 pm

As it appears Zacapa has renewed their label and package design of Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 Años. The most "striking" design change is in the package - instead of the good old hexagon shaped package it is now square, like most packages, and on the sides of the new box there is English text advertising the greatness of "Sistema de Solera" and the methods they've used in making of the rum as opposed to the old hexagon shaped box that had little text on it. The label has undergone some changes as well but they're not as great as the changes made to the package. Personally I prefered the old label but the new package looks pretty good, not that there was anything wrong with the hexagon.

It remains to be seen if there is any taste difference between the old label and the new label. Therefore the Ron Zacapa review I had planned to be a comparison between fresh and oxidised Zacapa has now changed to a triple comparison: Fresh vs Oxidised + Old Label vs New Label.

I will try to e-mail Zacapa later so if you have any questions you may have, post them here and we'll see if they answer the e-mail.

Click the image above for a larger view. Below is thumbnail to a quite large image where you can see a more detailed view of the label for your pleasure. Unfortunately I do not have pictures of the old design at the moment for those who do not know what it looks like but I will have them once I will begin work on the Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 Años rum review.

--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Dan
How did you find Refined Vices?: MOR
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:44 pm

I agree with you on the old label/new box :cheers:

sailor22
How did you find Refined Vices?: from a refrence in a whis
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:19 pm

It looks like I procured an old bottling last week - have you had a chance to compare old and new? There are a few more on the shelf (although not at a very good price) but if it preferable to the new iteration I'll stock up.

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:51 am

I'll try to compare the old and new sometime this week but I doubt there will be much differences if at all, I am not sure whether the blend has changed between these two bottlings. I also have an even older one (with grey neck label compared to the newer one with black neck label) that I will include in this comparison.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

• Information