Mount Gay Silver Eclipse

Rum, Rhum, Ron. Talk about your favorite sugarcane spirits in this rum forum.

Moderator: Henry Deare, Adventurer

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:56 am

Originally this was going to be a frontpage post but since I never got the details I requested from one of the Mount Gay New York
representatives I'm going to make it just a forum post, just because I don't have the info to write a news article (and I think the momentum has passed, this is pretty much old news). I am still interested in reviewing this if any Mount Gay representatives in Europe are reading this.

I don't have much information here but all I know that it is currently being sold in the US only. The suggested retail price for Mount Gay Silver Eclipse is $15.99 compared to the suggested retail price for Mount Gay Eclipse $16-$17.

Above you can click the the thumbnail to get a larger image of this new product. Below are the official press releases for both Silver and Gold for comparison reasons. Remember to read my Eclipse Gold review too if you have not already done so.

Mount Gay Rum Eclipse Silver
This truly unique and perfectly-balanced white rum showcases the perfected
craftsmanship of Mount Gay’s Master Blender. Silver is a light-bodied rum with
exceptional flavor & incredible smoothness - more complex in taste and aroma than other
typical white rums.

Appearance:
Colorless; crystal clear clarity

Aroma:
A gentle, even and mellow first note revealing hints of cane syrup & banana; a
harmonious complexity is delivered on the nose

Taste:
Extremely clean on the palate. Subtle hints of peppermint, with an underlying complexity
revealing hints of citrus & banana. Eclipse Silver ends on a clean note with a faint hint of
licorice, revealing the rum’s finesse.

Maturity:
Maturity Ranges from 2 to 8 years

Proof:
40% Alcohol by Volume

Mount Gay Eclipse
Mount Gay Eclipse is sets the standard for the art of rum making in Barbados and
throughout the Caribbean. It was named to commemorate the total eclipse of the sun that
occurred in 1910.

Appearance:
Bright, luminous, golden-amber

Aroma:
Most complex aroma in the product range; well harmonized with certain tonalities
evident – floral, spicy, fruity with a hint of vanilla and a subtle, smokey character
(derived from the charred barrels)

Taste:
Mirrors the aroma, well balanced with exciting distinguishable undertones
Maturity:
Mount Gay Eclipse has a maturity age of up to eight years

Proof:
40% Alcohol by Volume
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Information