English Harbour Extra Old disappearing?

Rum, Rhum, Ron. Talk about your favorite sugarcane spirits in this rum forum.

Moderator: Henry Deare, Adventurer

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JaRiMi
How did you find Refined Vices?: through another forum
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:58 am

One of my favorite rums, English Harbour Extra Old, seems to be harder and harder to find: I recently managed to scoop up a bottle of this from Germany, but I do not see it being sold much these days.

I do see a 5-year old, and a 10-year old, plus a vintage 1981 (if memory serves me correctly), but the "Extra Old" seems all too difficult to find these days. What's going on - anyone please?

JaRiMi
How did you find Refined Vices?: through another forum
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:02 am

Just found this from the company's website: "ENGLISH HARBOR EXTRA OLD RUM is a blend of aged rums the oldest rum being 21 years."

So, it does seem to me that the Extra Old is a unique product and different from the others more readily available on the market (I thought first that one of them was replacing the Extra Old, or was in fact the same stuff, just named differently).

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:05 am

If I remember correctly, I tasted the Extra Old at the RumFest and they did not hint anything that it would be going off market. But looking through my old e-mails I have an e-mail from Sharon Green from Antigua Distillery saying the following about the brands: The brand comes in five expressions – E.H.R 3 yr white, E.H.R 3yr Golden, E.H.R 5 yr, E.H.R 10yr and E.H.R 25 yr rum. (The 25 yr probably being 1981 Vintage).

No mention of Extra Old there.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

paulipbartender

Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:28 pm

Extra Old doesn't exist anymore I'm afraid. The 10 year old is effectively replacing it - although at £60-70 a bottle it's hardly a like for like replacement

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:55 pm

How much was the Extra Old? 60 krakens is quite expensive. Hopefully it can still be found on some store shelves abroad. Thanks for the info Paul.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

• Information