Rum Age

Rum, Rhum, Ron. Talk about your favorite sugarcane spirits in this rum forum.

Moderator: Henry Deare, Adventurer

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Calgaryx
How did you find Refined Vices?: Web search
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:25 am

Great website! I Have some rum that I have been unable to determine the age. They include No.1 McDowell's Celebration XXX Rum from India and Oronoco from Brazil.

Thanks

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:40 pm

Welcome to the forums! I am glad you enjoy the site.

If I recall correctly, Oronoco rum has been aged for 7 years, which would make it an aged rum, but the colour has been filtered out to make it white.

By XXX rum from India I assume you mean the Old Monk XXX rum which I believe is a 12 year old rum though they also have a 7 year old rum.

No.1 McDowell's Celebration rum, I'm afraid is a mystery to me.

Perhaps some of the other forum members here can help further and confirm the ages I've posted.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

paulipbartender
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:18 pm

Neither of the rums post their ages at all - gives them a degree of latitude that I'm sure they enjoy....

The McDowells Celebration is one of the biggest selling rums in the world - selling by the swimming pool load in India. The Oronoco, despite proudly displaying it's Brazilian origins with a map on the bottle mostly comprises rum from Venezuela, from the Pampero Distillery actually.

A lot of distillers are increasingly avoiding putting ages on the bottles, some because it allows them to continually modify the blend, some, more proudly, because they don't believe in supporting the 'more age=better rum' argument. As long as you enjoy it, it really doesn't matter.

That said, if you enjoy the McDowells and you're not on a Goa beach, you might want to try some better rum for even greater pleasure!

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:28 pm

According to this site the XXX is 7 years old and the XXX Gold Reserve is 12 years old. I wish the producers of Old Monk and Oronoco had websites, would love to contact them for further details.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

• Information