Bacardi Daiquiri 100th Anniversary

Rum, Rhum, Ron. Talk about your favorite sugarcane spirits in this rum forum.

Moderator: Henry Deare, Adventurer

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:18 am

To kick off the annual Sydney BarShow Week, the Puerto Rican rum giant Bacardi hosted the official launch party for the BarShow at the Marble Bar in Sydney in the spirit of the early 1900s.

The event also marked the 100th Anniversary of the legendary cocktail, the Daiquiri.

The invite only event was due to kick off on Sunday evening; when I arrived people were already queued up waiting to enter the bar, most of them wearing fashionable and glamorous 1920s-1950s attire as suggested by the dress code.

The best dressed would win a bottle of Bacardi's new Superior Heritage Limited Edition rum, which has the same alcohol strength as it did 100 years ago.
Read the entire article on the frontpage with pictures.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

lwtcs
How did you find Refined Vices?: friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:57 am

Count Silvio wrote:the same alcohol strength as it did 100 years ago.
Is the author implying that the proof would be barrel strenth?

Sounds like a very well done event.

Thank you for posting
Spitting in the dunder pit when all eyes are elsewhere.

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:20 am

It is not barrel strength but 44.5% as opposed to the normal 37.5%. The event was great fun and I hope there will be something similar next year.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Information