The right glass?

Rum, Rhum, Ron. Talk about your favorite sugarcane spirits in this rum forum.

Moderator: Henry Deare, Adventurer

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ricky
How did you find Refined Vices?: Google
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi.

I've been through all of my glasses in the house and found two which I think would be appropriate for tasting and enjoying rum.
Which one is the best in ur oppinion?

Thank you!
Attachments
glas_rom.jpg
Big round glass or small tulip shaped glass?
------------------------
Kind regards

Ricky

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:08 am

I generally prefer the smaller style tulip shaped glass or a copita style glass and recently I've been drinking from Glencairn glasses.

I haven't really been drinking out of those huge cognac balloons so I can't say what the difference is compared to the other ones apart from the more convenient size for the smaller ones.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Ricky
How did you find Refined Vices?: Google
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:48 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Guess i have to do some experimentation with these glasses, then :cheers:
------------------------
Kind regards

Ricky

Capn Jimbo
How did you find Refined Vices?: Surfing

Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:51 am

Great question. Early on at The Rum Project, we became fascinated with this question - we literally spent months trying different glasses and learning all about glasses from a wide variety of real tasting experts. All of this experience was then later summarized in my E-Book on rum, in "Chapter Three: Tasting and Glasses" (link).

In this very long chapter we cover the many, many different types of tasting glasses, and which ones the real experts prefer and why, plus our own conclusions and personal favorites. There are good reasons why certain glasses work and others don't. One closing thought: if you don't think glasses make much of a difference, try the same rum from your two glasses, plus say an ordinary small wine glass and also from a tumbler.

You'll hardly believe its the same rum. BTW, the Count's choices are good, particularly the copita. Good luck!
Regards,
Capn Jimbo
Rum Project
Rum Project Forum

• Information