Show off your rum collection

Rum, Rhum, Ron. Talk about your favorite sugarcane spirits in this rum forum.

Moderator: Henry Deare, Adventurer

Dacaqa Fe Noyetuxuhe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:04 am

Impressive display there, JaRiMi.

JaRiMi
How did you find Refined Vices?: through another forum
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:58 pm

Thank you again, I am quite pleased with my purchase from Beijing myself, in all honesty. :)

Blessed be all wives who do not mind such a cabinet in the living quarters of their husband 8and family)!! :)

One can really get custom-made furniture in Beijing for very reasonable prices, provided that some chinese-speaking person assists them - because very few chinese carpenters speak english. Cost of transport is another thing to bear in mind, but if one can pool up with others who order things from the country and share the cost of a container, even this expense is not too unreasonable.

I could have gotten this kind of a cabinet in any size, finish, design possible, but decided that rosewood and the design I chose was adequate for my purposes. Main thing is the functionality & look inside, and with halogen lamps up, a mirror in the back, with 1.2 cm glass shelves that allow light to shine through, and shelvers/glassholders matching my glassware and needs I rather think it is a success.

Dan
How did you find Refined Vices?: MOR

Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:00 pm

Still missing a few, but it's getting there...

JaRiMi

Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:41 pm

Lovely collection of Havana Club products!

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:17 am

Nice! I see you still haven't dared to open the Cristobal and HC 15 :D. All you need now is the Añejo Reserva and Maximo!
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Dacaqa Fe Noyetuxuhe

Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:59 am

You'll have to wait a bit for my photo (which will still bit a tad smallish). I have just ordered a pair of Havana Club Anejo Especials and a pair of HC 7yo's. When that appears, I'll put everything together and photograph it.

edit: just received my order. Only had 1 7yo in it because thats all the supplier had. oh well.

Now I just need to put the collection together and photograph it.

edit: My rum collection:

If I did Whisk(e)y or even my entire collection of alcohol, it would be much larger.

Calgaryx
How did you find Refined Vices?: Web search

Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:54 am

I am presently looking for a suitable display for my rum collection. Without a picture I can only show a list. I live in western Canada and find that many great rums are not available here and have to either travel myself or rely on friends to bring me new additions. we have one advantage over our neibours to the south is that we can travel to Cuba directly.

here is my list.

Angostura 1824 12 Yr Trinidad & Tobago
Angostura 1919 8 Yr Trinidad & Tobago
Appleton Estates Extra Jamaica
Appleton Estates Master Blenders Legacy Jamaica
Appleton Estates Reserve Jamaica
Arecha Ron Anejo Cuba
Barcardi 8 Puerto Rico
Barrows Grand Reserve France
Bundaberg Australia
Bundaberg Distiller's Number 3 Australia
Captain Morgan Deluxe Canada
Cockspur 12
Barbados
Cruzan Single Barrel St Croix
D'aristi Mexico
El Dorado Special Reserve 15 Guyana
El Dorado Special Reserve 21 Guyana
Flor de Cana Black Label 5 Yr Nicaragua
Flor de Cana Centenario 12 Nicaragua
Flor de Cana Centenario 21 Nicaragua
Flor de Cana Centenario Gold Nicaragua
Havana Club 5 Yr Cuba
Havana Club 7 yr Cuba
Havana Club Barrel Proof Cuba
Havana Club Gran Reserva 15 Yr Cuba
Havana Club San Cristobal Cuba
Legendario 7 Yr Cuba
Legendario Elixir 7 Yr Cuba
Mocambo 20 Yr Mexico
Montecristo 12 Yr Guatemala
Mount Gay Eclipse Barbados
Mount Gay Extra Old Barbados
Murray McDavid Guyana Rum Guyana
No.1 McDowell's Celebration XXX Rum India
Oronoco Brazil
Pussers British Virgin Islands
Pyrat XO Reserve British West Indies
Rhum Barbancourt 15 Yr Haiti
Ron Matusalem Gran Reserva 15 Yr Dominican Republic
Ron Pampero Seleccion 1938 Venezuela
Ron Santiago Anejo Cuba
Ron Santiago Anejo Superior 11 Yr Cuba
Ron Solera Mulata Cuba
Ron Vigia Gran Anejo 15 Yr Cuba
Ron Zacapa Centenario Solera 23 Guatemala
Saint James Hors D'Age Martinique
Santa Teresa 1796 Venezuela
Tommy Bahama Barbados
Zaya 12 Yr Guatemala

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:35 am

Dacaqa Fe Noyetuxuhe wrote:You'll have to wait a bit for my photo (which will still bit a tad smallish). I have just ordered a pair of Havana Club Anejo Especials and a pair of HC 7yo's. When that appears, I'll put everything together and photograph it.

edit: just received my order. Only had 1 7yo in it because thats all the supplier had. oh well.

Now I just need to put the collection together and photograph it.

edit: My rum collection:

If I did Whisk(e)y or even my entire collection of alcohol, it would be much larger.
Its a good start, those are good rums you got there. I tried the V/X at the Rum Fest and thought it was pretty good on its own even though the producer intends it as a mixer for finer cocktails.
Calgaryx wrote:I am presently looking for a suitable display for my rum collection. Without a picture I can only show a list. I live in western Canada and find that many great rums are not available here and have to either travel myself or rely on friends to bring me new additions. we have one advantage over our neibours to the south is that we can travel to Cuba directly.

here is my list.

Angostura 1824 12 Yr Trinidad & Tobago
Angostura 1919 8 Yr Trinidad & Tobago
Appleton Estates Extra Jamaica
Appleton Estates Master Blenders Legacy Jamaica
Appleton Estates Reserve Jamaica
Arecha Ron Anejo Cuba
Barcardi 8 Puerto Rico
Barrows Grand Reserve France
Bundaberg Australia
Bundaberg Distiller's Number 3 Australia
Captain Morgan Deluxe Canada
Cockspur 12
Barbados
Cruzan Single Barrel St Croix
D'aristi Mexico
El Dorado Special Reserve 15 Guyana
El Dorado Special Reserve 21 Guyana
Flor de Cana Black Label 5 Yr Nicaragua
Flor de Cana Centenario 12 Nicaragua
Flor de Cana Centenario 21 Nicaragua
Flor de Cana Centenario Gold Nicaragua
Havana Club 5 Yr Cuba
Havana Club 7 yr Cuba
Havana Club Barrel Proof Cuba
Havana Club Gran Reserva 15 Yr Cuba
Havana Club San Cristobal Cuba
Legendario 7 Yr Cuba
Legendario Elixir 7 Yr Cuba
Mocambo 20 Yr Mexico
Montecristo 12 Yr Guatemala
Mount Gay Eclipse Barbados
Mount Gay Extra Old Barbados
Murray McDavid Guyana Rum Guyana
No.1 McDowell's Celebration XXX Rum India
Oronoco Brazil
Pussers British Virgin Islands
Pyrat XO Reserve British West Indies
Rhum Barbancourt 15 Yr Haiti
Ron Matusalem Gran Reserva 15 Yr Dominican Republic
Ron Pampero Seleccion 1938 Venezuela
Ron Santiago Anejo Cuba
Ron Santiago Anejo Superior 11 Yr Cuba
Ron Solera Mulata Cuba
Ron Vigia Gran Anejo 15 Yr Cuba
Ron Zacapa Centenario Solera 23 Guatemala
Saint James Hors D'Age Martinique
Santa Teresa 1796 Venezuela
Tommy Bahama Barbados
Zaya 12 Yr Guatemala
Wow, that is an impressive rum collection you got there! I can't wait to see it displayed nicely. I am looking for a new display as well at the moment but it looks like I will have to go to a carpenter and have one built according to my specifications.

What do you think of the Pampero Seleccion 1938 and is your Pyrat XO the old Planters Gold version or the one with a different label?
--

tiare
How did you find Refined Vices?: link from count silvio

Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:37 am

That cabinet...i want it to move to my livingroom!

Here are a few pics of my little collection, and the rest is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/13618264@N ... 058506140/
3085176449_291e23c888.jpg
3133636923_97a6e34066.jpg
2650708813_66071523d1.jpg
A Mai Tai a day...

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:18 pm

I like your bamboo shelf, an apt background for a rum collection. Where did you get it? Also, nice collection of demeraras.
--

JaRiMi

Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:42 pm

Fantastic photos of a fantastic collection Tiare!! Amazingly beautiful artwork also on some of the labels, I must say.

How is the Banks XM tasting? http://www.flickr.com/photos/13618264@N ... 058506140/

And the Uitluvgt 1990?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13618264@N ... 058506140/

tiare

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:03 pm

The XM10 is very yummy,full bodied, round, with lots of toffee-like flavor.
The XM12 Millenium lacks much of that toffee-like flavor and is less sweet, a bit lighter.

I have written about these rums on my blog in demerara part one, and i post part two in a few days, it will cover XM10, 12, Samaroli and OVD.

The Uitvlugt is a heavy overproof demerara, very woody, very strong and very nice.

http://amountainofcrushedice.wordpress.com/
A Mai Tai a day...

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:06 pm

Didn't notice you had the Millennium! Didn't even know there was a Millennium! Where did you find that gem?
--

tiare

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:08 pm

I bought it from the German EBay, it was rum ambassador who told me about that rum.
A Mai Tai a day...

JaRiMi

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:10 pm

Thanks for sharing the information and photos Tiare!! If you are interested in tasting the Tanduay Philippines rums, perhaps I can send you a sample one day.

I am looking forward to getting some more rums, this month, with the english pound's currency rate so low, I went and spent so much money on whisky however that my rum acquisitions will simply have to wait :-(

Very nice blog also, good information there!!!
Last edited by JaRiMi on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tiare

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:11 pm

JaRiMi, i would love to review a phillippine rum and write about it on my blog.

BTW, where did you find such a rum cabinet?
A Mai Tai a day...

JaRiMi

Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:44 pm

The cabinet is from Beijing where it was custom-made according my own specifications. Cost? Ridiculously small...Even shipped home, it was well worth it. They will make basically any kind of similar cabinet, whatever finish, wood type, style. I'm quite happy with it because I did not want it to look like "fake " antique, but instead new - and the inside is completely according my specs, so if there's anything wrong with that, I can only blame myself.

As I said, the only thing I'd change is the size, make it even bigger - but then again it would take up too much space perhaps.

tiare

Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:47 pm

Be happy that I´m not your wife, i would have taken over the cabinet.
A Mai Tai a day...

JaRiMi

Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:17 am

tiare wrote:Be happy that I´m not your wife, i would have taken over the cabinet.
As long as it's rum you would want to put in it, I would have no objections! :-)

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:48 am

Things have got a little messed up here after the server died and I couldn't produce a backup copy. My rum collection also pretty much reset itself to 0 after I had to leave it to Finland.

I have been able to start a small rum collection in Australia with some goodies:

Shelf includes:
Cockspur 5 Star
Mount Gilboa
Mount Gay XO
Mount Gay 1703
Mount Gay Tricentennial
Green Island
Starr African
Old Grog
Woods 100
Atlantico
Plantation Rum Panama 2000
Cadenheads 1975 Green Label Demerara
A dash of Appleton 30
--

Lord Sint Ellins
How did you find Refined Vices?: google

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:45 pm

nice one, Count!

i heard on the grapevine (no pun intended) that you shipped overseas...something about an unpaid debt and a man with a purple face was it? lol

I hope you're settled in down under and there DOES seem to be a glitch or two with the old website but no matter. Are you as fond as whisky as you are the Rum?? I'm afraid my rum collection amounts top no more than an unopened bottle of Pussers as recommended by my sailor Cousin. As for my whisky collection, well that's a different matter!
Regards
Ma Capp (Lord Sint Ellins) -what happened to Lord Cragabus??

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:54 am

Lord Sint Ellins wrote:nice one, Count!

i heard on the grapevine (no pun intended) that you shipped overseas...something about an unpaid debt and a man with a purple face was it? lol

I hope you're settled in down under and there DOES seem to be a glitch or two with the old website but no matter. Are you as fond as whisky as you are the Rum?? I'm afraid my rum collection amounts top no more than an unopened bottle of Pussers as recommended by my sailor Cousin. As for my whisky collection, well that's a different matter!
Regards
Ma Capp (Lord Sint Ellins) -what happened to Lord Cragabus??
Hello and welcome to the forums!

I did indeed ship overseas, I was seduced by a woman of great beauty and intellect.

I have been working most of the time and I am just beginning to relax and settle down a bit. The problems with the website were caused by the destruction of my old server that apparently literally caught fire!

The main site should be up and running very very soon, however and I have improved all the sections and images and article formatting so the overall experience should be better.

I am quite fond of Whisky as well and I should review more, in fact in the near future there should be a review of Johnnie Walker Blue Label. I really should get my hands on some single malts though. And please post your whisky collection here if you want to!

As for Lord Cragabus, I think that account was destroyed by the fire, I was able to load a dusty year old backup of the forums so there might be some accounts and definitely a load of posts missing. :(

Things will be a little quiet here at the forums for a while but once I relaunch the main site more posts will quickly start appearing here.
--

MJL

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:05 pm

My current holdings of rum is listed below. This is from my 31 January 2010 liquor inventory. I have since added a few more bottles but have also drained a few. These are cached around the house so getting a pick of them in one place would be hard but we can use out imagination.....! :hsugh: :hsugh: :hsugh: :hsugh: :hsugh: :hsugh:

V. Rum
R.L. Seales 86proof 750ml Barbados = 1
Cockspur 80proof 750ml Barbados= 1
Doorlys XO 80proof 750ml Barbados= 8(1open)
1 Barrel 80pr 750ml Belize 1(open)
Barbancourt 8yo 5star 80pr 750ml Haiti= 8(1open)
Plantation Rum Grand Reserve 80pr 750ml Barbados= 1
El Dorado Demerara 80pr 750ml= 1(open)
El Dorado 5yo Demerara 80pr 750ml= 2
El Dorado 12yo 80pr 750ml = 1
El Dorado 15yo 80 pr 750ml= 1
Ron Zacapa 23yo 80pr 750ml= 1
Mount Gay Extra Old 86pr 750ml= 11
Appleton Estate VX 80pr 1.75l= 1
Havana Club Anejo 7 Anos= 5
Havana Club Silver 80pr 750ml.= 3
Angostura 5yo Gold 750ml= 1
Angostura 1919 8yo 80pr 750ml= 2
Pampero Aniversario 80pr 750ml = 1
Pyrat XO 80pr 750ml= 1
Bacardi 8yo 80pr 1liter= 1(open)

Capn Jimbo
How did you find Refined Vices?: Surfing

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:57 pm

What?! You mean you actually save rum? Here's where my 150 bottles are stored...

BTW, welcome back Count and a big hello to some of my favorite people: the inimitable JaRiMi, the Dood, Scottes, MJL, and Paulipbartender.
Regards,
Capn Jimbo
Rum Project
Rum Project Forum

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:29 pm

MJL wrote:My current holdings of rum is listed below. This is from my 31 January 2010 liquor inventory. I have since added a few more bottles but have also drained a few. These are cached around the house so getting a pick of them in one place would be hard but we can use out imagination.....! :hsugh: :hsugh: :hsugh: :hsugh: :hsugh: :hsugh:

V. Rum
R.L. Seales 86proof 750ml Barbados = 1
Cockspur 80proof 750ml Barbados= 1
Doorlys XO 80proof 750ml Barbados= 8(1open)
1 Barrel 80pr 750ml Belize 1(open)
Barbancourt 8yo 5star 80pr 750ml Haiti= 8(1open)
Plantation Rum Grand Reserve 80pr 750ml Barbados= 1
El Dorado Demerara 80pr 750ml= 1(open)
El Dorado 5yo Demerara 80pr 750ml= 2
El Dorado 12yo 80pr 750ml = 1
El Dorado 15yo 80 pr 750ml= 1
Ron Zacapa 23yo 80pr 750ml= 1
Mount Gay Extra Old 86pr 750ml= 11
Appleton Estate VX 80pr 1.75l= 1
Havana Club Anejo 7 Anos= 5
Havana Club Silver 80pr 750ml.= 3
Angostura 5yo Gold 750ml= 1
Angostura 1919 8yo 80pr 750ml= 2
Pampero Aniversario 80pr 750ml = 1
Pyrat XO 80pr 750ml= 1
Bacardi 8yo 80pr 1liter= 1(open)
11 Bottles of MGXO!

How do you find the Havana Club Silver? I haven't had the chance to find one as of yet.
--

Pieter

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:07 pm

This is my current collection of rums.
all bottles are open, except for the Mocambo art edicion.

Barcelo Gran Anejo
Matusalem Gran Reserva
Zacapa Centenario 15 Y.O
Zacapa 23 Solera Gran Reserva
Zacapa Centenario X.O.
XM 5 Anos
Sea Wynde
Secret Treasures Old Demerara Single Cask 1989
Secret Treasures Old Barbados Single Cask 1995
El Dorado 12 Y.O.
El Dorado Special Reserve 15 Y.O.
El Dorado Special Reserve 21 Y.O.
Savanna Rhum Grand Arome Single Cask
Appleton Estate V/X
Appleton Reserve 8 Y.O.
Appleton Estate Extra 12 Y.O.
Mocambo Single Barrel 15 Anos
Mocambo Single Barrel 20 YO Edicion Arte
Flor de Caña Grand Reserve
Flor de Caña Centenario 12 Anos
Flor de Cana Centenario 18 Anos
Malecon Reserva Superior 12 Anos
Chairman's Reserve Extra Old
Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva 12 Anos
Seven Tiki Aged Rum
Pampero Aniversario Reserva Exclusiva
Atlantico Private Cask
Pussers Navy Rum 15 years
Malteco 15 Reserva Maya

3 of these bottles were quiet disappointing because of the bitter or coppery taste.
Rum Sea Wynde - Guyana en Jamaica
Rum Savanna Rhum Grand Arome Single Cask
Pussers Navy Rum 15 years

maybe it's not the rum, but I just need to learn it drink :)

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:23 am

Wonderful collection Pieter! I am particularily interested in the Secret Treasures rums, where did you get them and how is the taste?
--

lesist
How did you find Refined Vices?: MoR

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:08 pm

Hi, here are some pics of my living/chilling room:
collection up.JPG
cupboard full.JPG
upclose 1.JPG
upclose 2.JPG
upclose 3.JPG

lesist

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:14 pm

and some more :
Attachments
r&c1.JPG
upclose 7.JPG
upclose 6.JPG
upclose 5.JPG
upclose 4.JPG

lesist

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:19 pm

This is just the collection right now, it's expanding quite fast since the start in May of 2010.
Gonna post some more in a few months :D

Here's some more pics of mixing stuff and so on:
g&s 1.JPG
stuff 2.JPG
stuff 1.JPG
r&c 2.JPG

• Information