Show off your rum collection

Rum, Rhum, Ron. Talk about your favorite sugarcane spirits in this rum forum.

Moderator: Henry Deare, Adventurer

lwtcs
How did you find Refined Vices?: friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:11 am

Oh for heavens sake.

You Sir are prepared for the big "hunker down"

Very nice.

Thank you for posting
Spitting in the dunder pit when all eyes are elsewhere.

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:28 am

My goodness, that is a very nice collection and some very interesting looking apparatus' on the table!

Is that an elaborate citrus juicer and what is the other one next to it with a handle?

I love how you've placed the Khukri bottle! It is like "Oh stuff it, I'll just shove it there since I can't balance it sensibly on the shelf!"
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

lesist
How did you find Refined Vices?: MoR
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:49 am

Thanks,

Yes it is a 'high end' citrus juicer, which I use for grapefruits, oranges and big lemons. Limes of course are squeezes with a handy one. The thing next to it is an ice crusher, since the crushed ice you can buy in local stores sucks!
The Khukri bottle is 'stuffed' in there because it leaks, and so I can't place it acurately on my shelf :(. I tried many bottle tops, but that didn't work either.
(The juicer, blender and some other stuff is placed in the kitchen)

Best,
Leo

lwtcs

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:26 am

May I ask,,,,do you have a go to standard?

If so, how do you prefer to enjoy?

I have always liked an an anejo with a drop of lime.

Comfort food.

lesist
How did you find Refined Vices?: MoR

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:19 am

You mean a standard rum or a cocktail/drink?
As for both I'm in the phase of gaining expertise and experimenting a lot.
All I can say as for standard drinks I enjoy mojitos and daiquiris pretty much, but I'm open minded towards any kind of cocktail. A rum sour with a demerara rum is delicious I have to admit. :cheers:

And rums are so different and versatile that I can't pick a standard sipping rum for me.
(For using a white rum in cocktails I go for the Ron Cartavio Silver as a standard)

lwtcs

Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:53 am

lesist wrote:And rums are so different and versatile that I can't pick a standard sipping rum for me.
Hmm.
Indeed. I have been in the throws of transition these past couple of years. The whites/silver has been more and more influencing my pallet. Seems more,,,,,,,,honest,,, or perhaps truthful on my tongue.

No matter. Your recent contribution has worked up a good thirst
Cheers
Larry

Capn Jimbo
How did you find Refined Vices?: Surfing

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:42 am

I find that Victoria Secret wearing, seductive and stunning women serving the rum, and lighting our cigars is much more relaxing (well maybe not so relaxing) than any bar or music, lol...

Last edited by Capn Jimbo on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Regards,
Capn Jimbo
Rum Project
Rum Project Forum

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:12 am

Actually thats Agent Provocateur lingerie :poppin:. Also the post above yours that you are refering to was deleted and the user banned because he was posting spam links.
--

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:00 am

Thought I'd revive this thread with a new update. I've moved houses again and even purchased a new shelf for my rums. Majority of my collection is still in Finland but my Australian collection is slowly increasing. I might have to buy a new shelf or get rid of the books on another shelf I have.

So there you are!
DSC_6536.jpg
My shelf (sans random boxes below)
DSC_6548.jpg
Barbados and Guatemala.
DSC_6549.jpg
A bit of Trinidad.
DSC_6550.jpg
Mauritius, St. Lucia and randomness.
DSC_6541.jpg
The Plantation Rum corner.
DSC_6551.jpg
Bacardi Ron Superior Heritage, Old Grog, Mt. Gay Tricentennial, Wild Geese, Mezan Guyana 1990 and Cadenheads 1975 Demerara.
DSC_6544.jpg
Havana Club, Ron Santiago de Cuba, Bacardi, Dalmore (yes whiskey!) Takamaka, Old Monk, Zaya.
DSC_6542.jpg
Dominican rums, Ron de Jeremy, Renegade and some random rums.
DSC_6552.jpg
A collection of African wood carvings and some Tiki Mugs.
What's in your current collection?
--

• Information