Caroni Trinity - single cask rum

Rum, Rhum, Ron. Talk about your favorite sugarcane spirits in this rum forum.

Moderator: Henry Deare, Adventurer

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JaRiMi
How did you find Refined Vices?: through another forum
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon May 21, 2012 9:13 am

Finland has truly been blessed, as far as rum goes: A single cask bottling of Caroni rum, named Caroni Trinity, has been released solely for the Finnish markets.

This tropic-matured, rather old cuvee of three different vintages of Caroni is being sold in the national alcohol monopoly stores (Alko), and costs 117 euros - blame the high price on Finnish taxation of alcohol.

I wrote a review of the rum - please follow the link below to see the review.

http://whisky-rum.blogspot.com/2012/05/ ... ingle.html

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Mon May 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Just purchased two bottles of this rum and will post my notes once I get it to Australia. It looks very interesting and if the quality is anything like the previous Caronis I've tried I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

JaRiMi
How did you find Refined Vices?: through another forum
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:51 am

Certainly all the reviews here have been praising this product, I also spoke to the Bar Manager of Hotel Haven (which hosts the best rum collection in the whole country, over 100 rums, mainly premium aged rums), and he agreed that this Caroni release was one of the best, perhaps THE best, expression he has ever tasted (currently his bar hosts 4 - 5 different Caroni versions).

The product is still available in some of the national alcohol monopoly stores for the lucky few who will make a decision to purchase it. I say again, this one is a stunner - many whisky aficionados here have rated it as the best-ever rum they have tasted. Having said that, a fan of commercial, super-sweet rums would probably find it surprisingly dry - as true rums usually are :P

• Information