Question about Demerara rums?

Rum, Rhum, Ron. Talk about your favorite sugarcane spirits in this rum forum.

Moderator: Henry Deare, Adventurer

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
zonz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:11 am

Hi,*
My local liquor store got some new rum:
- Rum nation Demerara 23 years*
- Silver Seal Demerara 18 years Uitvlight
- Silver Seal Demerara 23 years Enmore
Have you tasted these rums? What should I get?
I already got Rum nation Panama 1995 ( complex, lots of flavors, quite dry), Barbados 12 years ( strong herbal taste almost old school medecine brew but lacks of sweetness) *and Silver seal Guadeloupe 1998 ( Amazing taste! you'll love it if you're into agricole rhum)

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:10 pm

I haven't tasted these particular rums you mentioned but I have very good experiences from both the Rum Nation and Silver Seal range of rums; I have tried the Jamaica Supreme Lord IV from Rum Nation and also a Panama rum from them and some Demerara rums from Silver Seal, though I can't remember which ones exactly. I remember there was an older Demerara Rum that was slightly over-aged and too woody that I was not a fan of, however.

Not knowing what your budget is but if I had to choose one I'd go for one of the Silver Seal rums.

These are some of the rums I have bought recently and really look forward to trying them:
SilverSeal.jpg
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

zonz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Nice Silver Seal collection! If I were you I wouldn't leave these bottles unopened.
I bought a bottle of Rum nation demerara 23 years 1985! got if for around $115 .It has an amazing leathery smell above the other scents,  and the taste is full of flavors, strong but quite  sweet..perfect balanced, couldn't help stopping refilling my glass in order to renew the experience.
I've been mistaken, the only Silver seal bottles left at the shop are the Demerara 18years and the trinidad 1991. I should get both of them!

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:49 am

If you can afford them you definitely should get both of them. There is only a limited number available worldwide and I'm definitely drinking mine! :poppin:
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

• Information