Rhum agricoles, any advices?

Rum, Rhum, Ron. Talk about your favorite sugarcane spirits in this rum forum.

Moderator: Henry Deare, Adventurer

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
zonz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:57 am

I 'd like to buy some agricoles for enhencing my collection and also because I'm French..
I've been looking at several ones, what's your opinion on:
Pere labat 8 years, clement 10 years, HSE Xo, trois rivieres 8 years damoiseau xo, JM XO...? :D

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:08 pm

Overall I've found Clément Rhums to be very solid choices, I haven't tried the 10 yo but the VSOP, XO and Cuvee Homere are all excellent. Of HSE rhums I've tried the Single Malt Finish 2002 and I think the Single Cask 1998 and if I recall I found them both very interesting and well worth looking into.

Trois Rivieres, Damoiseau and JM I am not too experienced with.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

RumJourney
How did you find Refined Vices?: friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:13 pm

I enjoy the entire Rhum Clement line. Two other ones that are worthy addition to your collection are La Favorite and Depaz Blue Cane Rhum.

BailB
How did you find Refined Vices?: Tatu

Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:20 pm

There are a lot of good agricole rhums from the french west indies out there. Most of them are from Martinique, in my point of view.

Anyway, if I can give you any advices, you should try the old JM rhum line and specially "La Cuvée du Fondateur" which is the best JM rhum to me.
the La Favorite distillery also has a lot of good products and specially one called "La Flibuste", which is rare and a little more expensif.

Finally if you look for white agricole rhums, you can try the white line from the Neisson distillery, which is the last private distillery in Martinique and also has the best white agricole rhum to me.

zonz

Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:24 pm

Thanks for your answers, clement seems to be a good choice and JM and La favorite too but a bit pricey though..I tried lots of white rhum agricoles but I got sick of that grassy taste so I moved on and tried other types of rhums until I came across Silver Seal Bellevue Guadeloupe 1998 which I found great ! so I wanna try other old agricoles.

• Information