Woodford Reserve

Be it whiskey, whisky or scotch, this is the place.

Moderators: Sñr Juan Pablo de Español, Lord Neville Crispin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AngelSword

Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:18 am

Tonight Found me with a bottle of Woodford Reserve's newest masterpiece. It is a true masterpiece! They have introduced a new series called the "Master's Collection" with "Four Grain" Bourbon. This may be the finest bourbon I have ever tasted! The combination of Corn, Barley, Rye, and Wheat give an extraordinarly complexity and balance.

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:09 pm

Interesting. We have Woodford Reserve Distiller's Select available here. Any similarities between these two?
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

AngelSword

Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:21 pm

I find the standard Distiller's Select to be a bit harsh in its woodyness. It has a wonderful nose, but think that many may find it overly oaked. Tastes of almond, vanilla, and savory herbs with a bright freshness in the burn. Perhaps a longer roast of the casks would balance this.

Lord Neville Crispin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:14 pm

I was in a hotel down in southern Germany last week and was able to sample some Woodford Reserve. It was very tasty with a nice sweetness and a good finish. I think I may pick up a bottle sometime soon. :panama:

Lord Neville Crispin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:25 pm

Bottle was purchased this afternoon. I shall enjoy a glass tomorrow evening after dinner.

MJL
How did you find Refined Vices?: google

Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:29 am

Woodford Reserve is one of the best bourbons on the market today. Refined and complex it produces a satisfying drink to novice and experienced tasters alike. Personally, I love Woodford Reserve. The Brown Forman distillery that produces Woodford is located down a long, picturesque country road in rural Kentucky. As one approaches the distillery you drive through a horse farm that is raising racing horses. Spectacular is putting it mildly. While at the distillery I was surprised to find out that the same stills are used to produce Old Forester bourbon. This has long been one of my all time favorite bourbons and is about half the price of the Woodford Reserve. Now, I'm not saying you should refill your old Woodford bottle with Old Forester but I will say only an experienced taster would be able to tell the difference!

daff
How did you find Refined Vices?: from other forum

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:44 pm

I love this bourbon...I tasted it firstly when I were in Kentucky on tour at the distillery...it was awesome,especially its woody and honey notes. Very decent bourbon. Enough complex, without coarseness, it is difficult to stop. :wink:
Spirits Online.
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol.

Capn Jimbo
How did you find Refined Vices?: Surfing

Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:37 am

Far be it from me to disagree, lol, but until you have tried Pappy Van Winkles 20 Year you have come nowhere near tasting the "best bourbon". The Van Winkles - 10yo, 12yo, 15yo, 20yo and 23 yo have all earned deservedly high ratings. The 20 yo earned the highest rating every given in BTI's history - 99 our of 100 - and has been called the highest rated spirit in the world. Based on BTI's protocol that is really saying something.

Althouth I have always been committed to believing that world class rums can be had for under $30, and even under $20, I just had to try - just once - a spirit of Pappy 20yo's caliber. I parted with $140 - the most I have ever spent on any spirit. Was I disppointed?

Not for a microsecond. It was and is the finest spirits I have ever tasted (of the several hundred well chosen spirits we own). It is truly amazing. Until you do the same, hold your fire...
Regards,
Capn Jimbo
Rum Project
Rum Project Forum

• Information