Canada. Whiskey recommendations?

Be it whiskey, whisky or scotch, this is the place.

Moderators: Sñr Juan Pablo de Español, Lord Neville Crispin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:16 am

A contact of mine is leaving to Toronto tomorrow and I've asked for some whiskey. I would like to know if you have any whiskey recommendations or if you know any good liquor shops in the Toronto area. If you can recommend any other good spirits like rum, that would be nice as well.

I might ask for some Johnnie Walker if it is a lot cheaper there than it is here.

Thanks in advance.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

AngelSword

Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:47 pm

I strongly recommend 40 Creek as THE Canadian whiskey to buy.

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:15 am

Thank you for the recommendation. I've looked at the LCBO chains product list and I have found these items which interest me.

Forty Creek Barrel Select (With glasses)
Johnnie Walker Green Label
Johnnie Walker Swing
*Glenfiddich 15
*Appleton Estate Master Blender's Legacy

The last two ones marked with a star I will definitely get. Angelsword, I noticed on your whiskey list that you have listed Green Label, I would like to know if this is a good whisky to buy compared to Forty Creek for instance.
--

AngelSword

Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:50 pm

Johnny Walker Green Label Blended Scotch is very decent sipping and easy to find all over the world... but not that important or unusual. But I still rate it higher than the Swing and Glenfiddich SOLERA 15.

The Forty Creek is elegant, complex, gentle and anoutstanding example of the best Canadian whiskies.

I have yet to taste the Appleton Legacy but it is high on my list of wanted bottles.

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:18 pm

The LCBO stores in Canada have plenty of Legacy: http://www.lcbo.com/main/en.shtml
--

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Information