Fine tastings

Be it whiskey, whisky or scotch, this is the place.

Moderators: Sñr Juan Pablo de Español, Lord Neville Crispin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AngelSword

Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:51 am

I thought that it might be enjoyable to share with you some perusals of 3 fine American whiskeys. We will try Bernheim Original, Jefferson Reserve, and, Pappy Van Winkle's 20 Yr.

Let's begin by understanding that these are my top 3 American (not counting Canadian) whiskies. I have no idea as to how they will rank. I write this as I go.

Nose: WOW! Very close in aroma. I'm surprised at the depth and richness overall. I would have expected greater differences. All have a fantastic depth! Relative= Pappy, Berny, and Jeff.

First droplets: Jeff, Pappy, and Berny. Again very close!!!

Nice sip: Jeff, Pappy, Berny. Jeff has the smoothness.

Finish: Pappy all the way. then Jeff, and Berny.

Final choice: Jefferson Reserve, Pappy 20 yr., then Bernheim Original.

All that said, One could not go wrong with any of these three. I have a wide range of whiskies on my shelf. All three of these are superb.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Information