Forty Creek 40

Be it whiskey, whisky or scotch, this is the place.

Moderators: Sñr Juan Pablo de Español, Lord Neville Crispin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AngelSword

Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:30 am

It is rare to find something that jumps so far above the rest of the field, as this Canadian whiskey rises above all others. There simply is no comparison to any other Canadian Whiskey that has crossed my palate. While I have been a fan of the 40 Creek Barrel Select, the Small Batch Reserve is in another category.

MJL
How did you find Refined Vices?: google
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:47 am

I was coming home from work the other day and making my rounds of liquor stores on the way home. I passed another little out of the way place and it was closed at 15:00. Well, there is the mañana work ethic of Miami at work for ya. I drove by it again on Monday and it was open so I stepped in. Not much to see in regards to whiskies but on the way out I noted some closeouts on Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whisky. I read up on this around the net, including here and decided to go back to re-check the price. They are closing out this brand for $21.99 for the 1.75 bottle and $11.99 for the 750 bottle. From what I can tell that is a bargain. So, I took home four of the 1.75 bottles for mixer use. As it turns out this has become wife's preferred whiskey. It is quite like a Bourbon; with rye and corn flavors abounding. I like it alot.

MJL
How did you find Refined Vices?: google
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:54 pm

We ended up going through 6 of the 1.75l bottles of Forty Creek. The store I was buying these from was in the process of shutting down. This was pretty decent stuff and I now realize I was picking this up for close to half price. Near the end of the store I picked up a bottle for $9.99 and that is about 1/4 of the price I see it selling around Miami. Sorry to see a boozer go but I am glad for the bargains for the time they lasted.

• Information