Highland Park

Be it whiskey, whisky or scotch, this is the place.

Moderators: Sñr Juan Pablo de Español, Lord Neville Crispin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lord Neville Crispin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:04 am

Today, I was out purchasing food for tonight's festivities when I stumbled upon a decent selection of whisky at the grocery store! Never to let good fortune pass me by, I decided to purchase a nice bottle of Highland Park 12 year, which I had sampled a few months ago at the local pub. I will open it tonight and enjoy as we slip into the new year.

:poppin:

Baron Rupert Liberis

Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:41 am

Very Nice. A standard quality single malt always in my top 3 of regular malts!

It's actually the malt whisky that turned me on to the joys of a single malt. Thought I'd share the story -

I was visiting a friend in the Orkney's one November and for a lack of 'visitor attractions' at tha time of year we decided a walk to the distillery was in order. Whilst walking there it started snowing quite heavily and was a complete white out by the time we got there. The visitor centre was open, but unfortunately had canceled the daily tour due the site being on quite a slope and the amount of snow around, usual health & safety! Well we were welcomed traditionally though with a we dram and sat in a warm room to watch a 'virtual' tour on a large screen. This is where the mellow smokiness of this fine malt worked it's charms on me and I have been a fan of it ever since, whilst broadening my malt whisky knowledge and palette.

Happy New Year!
There are two things a Highlander likes naked, and one of them is malt whisky.
Scottish proverb
Single Malt Whisky[/b] A basic guide to single malt whisky I knocked up
Follow me on Twitter

AngelSword

Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:58 pm

I recently purchased a couple of bottles of Highland Park, both with limited bottlings.

The first is a 35 yr old under the Duncan Taylor label, distilled 1970 and bottled in 2005. This is lightly wooded with complex herbal and floral notes. Gentle and elegant overall.

The second is a Single Cask bottled exclusively for Austin Texas. One of the local stores bought all but 3 of the 80 cases released. At 14 yrs and cask strength, this one is very mature: big, oaky, smokey, with a broad balance.

Both are impressive. Now I will have to try a few more from the Highland Park line-up.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Information