New project idea

Cigar conversation.

Moderator: Theodore S. Maul, Esq.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sir Niko Earl of Holm
Site Admin

Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:06 pm

I stumbled upon this site: http://www.coffinails.com

I was researching the legality and methods of growing my own tobacco... turns out in Australia it's an annoying thing to start doing...

For one, you need a permit to grow tobacco. Secondly, you need to declare to the tax department how much you've harvested and pay duty on it... even if it is for personal use!

So I thought to myself, that's ridiculous, surely they won't care if I plant maybe 3 plants for my own use.

The site lets you order a vast amount of seeds for you to grow on your own. All the seeds are discretely packaged and sent to your door. I wonder if anyone here has used this particular supplier or knows of any other more local way of getting some seeds.

The best thing about this site, i guess, is that they send you instructions on how to grow, harvest, cure, and process your tobacco... and how to roll them into cigars!

I'm very tempted to buy some seeds and plead ignorance if asked... what do you fine gentlemen think?
So mote it be.

Dacaqa Fe Noyetuxuhe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:59 am

be careful that someone doesnt misinterpret your future garden and report you to the police, who may raid your establishment and remove said garden.

Sñr Juan Pablo de Español
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:43 am

Sir Niko Earl of Holm wrote:I'm very tempted to buy some seeds and plead ignorance if asked... what do you fine gentlemen think?
There is no such thing as ignorance in the eyes of the law. Especially, when they can make money out of you.
It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her for it - W. C. Fields

baron wankelporkington

Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:49 am

i have an associate who enjoys the taste of his home grown tobacco. i would suggest as with all these delicate matters that you try to hide your activites as much as possible and not advertise what you are doing. if you are caught however i believe the fines are quite extreme.

Theodore S. Maul, Esq.

Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:52 am

You might also find it rather hard to get those seeds past customs. I know of a home-grown enthusiast who gets his tobacco from some supplier. He said that if he ever was caught smoking those the penalties would be quite a bit harsher than those from the possession of cannabis products.

Proceed with caution.
And therefore I conclude that Carthage must be destroyed.

• Information