What's in the 'dor?

Cigar conversation.

Moderator: Theodore S. Maul, Esq.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Theodore S. Maul, Esq.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:49 pm

I think someone should start this token subject and I thought it might well be me. The purpose is to share experiences and inquire about stogies you haven't tried yourself.

For me it all started over a year ago but what really got me was the humidor I was given for my birthday.

I started from this:

The damaged Nicaraguan is not mine, I'm reviving it for a gentleman. But those Romeo No. 3's (in the aluminum tubos) were fantastic.

Now this is more or less where I'm at:

The contents in more or less alphabetical order grouped by size are:

Demi-Coronas
  • La Libertad
Coronas
  • Bolivar Coronas
  • Cohiba Siglo III
  • Montecristo No.3
  • Partagas Coronas
  • Romeo y Julieta Cedros De Luxe No.2
  • Vegas Robaina Familiar
Robustos
  • Cohiba Robustos
  • Hoyo de Monterrey Robustos
  • Montecristo Robustos
  • Partagas Robustos
  • Romeo y Julieta Robustos
Other
  • Cohiba Siglo VI
  • Partagas Shorts
  • Romeo y Julieta No. 3 (tubos)

I also have a humidified "guest box" of what used to be 40 Dutch Oud Kampen cigarillos in four different form factors.

I shall try to add comments or tasting notes later.

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:42 pm

That is an impressive collection you have there :poppin:. The cigars what I've had and can recommend are La Libertidad Robusto, Romeo Y Julieta No. 1 and a Joya de Nicaragua.

I've also had a Cohiba which was either siglo no 6 or esplendido. I don't really have an opinion about the Cohiba yet because I've only had one and I'm not sure if it was in perfect condition.

Next cigars I am interested in trying are the Partagas De Luxe and Romeo Y Julieta 3. I've only had positive feelings about the No.1 and I am not expecting any less from No. 3's.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Theodore S. Maul, Esq.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:03 am

Why thank you. I must clarify that the easiest way to get a collection like that and try a wide variety of cigars is to buy sampler packs if they are available. I got most of those cubans from a Habanos robusto sampler and a store compiled Coronas sampler box. A great idea if you ask me.

I can also advise you that the Cohiba you enjoyed in my company was a specimen of Coronas Especiales. :tippin:
And therefore I conclude that Carthage must be destroyed.

Henry Deare, Adventurer

Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:28 am

I can recommend the Romeo Y Julieta No. 3s.
At the moment I'm smoking Cafe Creme. The yellows. They're a nice, mellow cigarello. Good for when It's too cold outside for a regular sized cigar.

Theodore S. Maul, Esq.

Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:33 pm

Recently I found myself in the unbearable position that I have only one instance of any particular cigar in the humidor. This is a bit of a conundrum while entertaining guests as I haven't even tried all of them myself. How to distribute smokes to one or more guests so that no one feels they've been left with the shortest straw?

I decided to solve this gordian knot once and for all by ordering a new batch of reasonably priced dessert smokes - perfect for a coffee break. Now eagerly awaiting the arrival of (two of each):
  • Trinidad Reyes
  • Por Larrañaga Petit Coronas Cab 50
  • Rafael González Petit Coronas
  • San Cristóbal de La Habana El Príncipe
  • Cuaba Divinos
  • Cohíba Exquisitos
  • Partagás Shorts
Most of those I haven't tried before hence the sampler nature of the delivery.
The last one one the list is the perfect entertaining cigar. It does not take too long to smoke (in case you have non-smoking guests), it can be very reasonably priced depending on dealer, and it delivers a robust smoking experience. The last Short I had was with good friends after dinner on a summer cabin terrace overlooking the sea. Fantabulous!
And therefore I conclude that Carthage must be destroyed.

• Information