Torres Gran Reserva Imperial Brandy

Talk about different kind of brandies here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:26 pm

Torres Gran Reserva 10 year old Imperial Brandy.

This Spanish brandy is produced in continuous stills and solera aged in american oak.

The colour is very dark and with some pale gold highlights and a green rim can also be noticed. To the nose it is quite strong, complex and sweet. Lots of dried fruits with some vanilla and perhaps a little smoke. The taste sure enough is smoky with a little spice, it is also quite musty. The finish is long that has vanilla and is strong with dried plum.

Has anyone ever tried this? I don't like this brandy very much myself. I found some leftovers in the cabinet and decided to do a quick two minute dirty mini review here.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

JaRiMi
How did you find Refined Vices?: through another forum
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:11 pm

This is not a top-notch product, but for its price it is a fairly ok product. To really appreciate Torres Brandy, you should try Torres 20yo or the Jaime I.

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:26 pm

Does our beloved Alko sell them or is it possible to sample these at a bar somewhere?
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

JaRiMi
How did you find Refined Vices?: through another forum
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:24 am

The 20yo and Jaime primero are both on the list of order-items, i.e. you can order them, takes about two weeks and they arrive to your local - at no extra cost (and order can be placed for one bottle only, so you do not have to buy a case).

Jaime I is not so inexpensive, it sells for about 60 euros here (43 at Barcelona airport), I don't recall the price of the 20yo but it is substantially less expensive.

• Information