St Aubin

Talk about different kind of brandies here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AngelSword

Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:22 am

Tonight I am enjoying a snifter of St Aubin Tour de Monde.

Scottes

Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:03 pm

And how was it?

Rum Runner
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:57 pm

The most succint review I have ever read!
AngelSword wrote:Tonight I am enjoying a snifter of St Aubin Tour de Monde.
Let Debrett's Peerage be your guide

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:38 am

Perhaps it is possible it is so good it simply does not need words to describe its opulence.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

AngelSword

Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:34 pm

My wife was so impressed with this exquisite Armagnac, that she took the bottle over to her private shelf!!! So it has left my bar area and gone over to her separate liquor shelf in the dining room. Maybe I can temporarily sneak it back down here to in order to write a bit of a review.

Rum Runner
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:52 pm

Hopefully, "She who must be obeyed" will allow this dalliance in the interest of futhering the appreciation of such a vaunted potable.

AngelSword wrote:My wife was so impressed with this exquisite Armagnac, that she took the bottle over to her private shelf!!! So it has left my bar area and gone over to her separate liquor shelf in the dining room. Maybe I can temporarily sneak it back down here to in order to write a bit of a review.
Let Debrett's Peerage be your guide

AngelSword

Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:26 am

This is:
Chateau de Saint Aubin
Bas-Armagnac
Reserve du Chateau
Tour du Monde by Kelt.

The "Tour du Monde" gets a three month round the world sea journey in oak casks. It is promoted that the agitation and temperature changes involved damatically improve the already aged spirits. I can see no reason to argue with this concept. Indeed my taste buds tell me that this is quite a marvelous technique!

The delicate aroma is of spices (cinnamon, cardamom, and sage), orange rind, and grape blossoms. [I adore the smell of grape blossoms.]

The first taste has a hint of spice with new oak. It makes me wonder if they are doing the sea voyage with newer barrels than those used for the first stage of the aging. The second taste is nice and broad, mostly on the middle of the tongue. Sight burn.

The medium linger is of almond, raisin, and caramel. The fine floral notes then continue on for several minutes more.

I must say that this is an extremely pleasing spirit, well worth the $70 paid.
Last edited by AngelSword on Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:56 am

Interesting aging method. I don't know much about ships but do the temperatures in cargobays usually change a lot? Or perhaps it is a wooden ship they use. Hmm, now theres an article idea... Different aging methods.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

AngelSword

Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:55 am

Count Silvio wrote:Interesting aging method. I don't know much about ships but do the temperatures in cargobays usually change a lot? Or perhaps it is a wooden ship they use.

They use: http://www.evergreen-line.com/ I suspect that temperature fluctuctions would be greater in those containers on the top or outside.

AngelSword

Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:58 am

Rum Runner wrote:Hopefully, "She who must be obeyed" will allow this dalliance in the interest of futhering the appreciation of such a vaunted potable.
My wife is not so much the SWMBO type. She is "She who must be spoiled".

• Information