Best way to make triple frozen ice?

Share your ingenious monstrosities and horrific blasphemies here.

Moderator: paulipbartender

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:56 pm

I want to try triple freezing ice and I was wondering what would be the best way to do this. For instance how much should I let the ice thaw before I freeze it again?
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

paulipbartender
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:55 am

Keep it simple Count, just take it out the freezer and let it thaw on the side. The thawing process forces the small oxygen bubbles out the liquid making more compact ice. Try filling a balloon with water and thawing, refreezing it a few times. Makes great ice!

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:21 pm

A balloon eh, I assume I will have to shave the ice when its ready, or do you break it to smaller pieces?
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

paulipbartender
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:29 pm

If you can make sure it sets in a nice shape, you should have to do anything with it. But shaving it into a perfect sphere is the super professional thing to do...

Wateur4
How did you find Refined Vices?: google

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:58 am

If you want a the best margarita, step 1 is to skip the "margarita mix". The drink should be made with freshly-squeezed lime juice.

The best margarita is:
2 ounces tequila
1 ounce Triple Sec or Cointreau
1/2 ounce lime juice
That’s it. Just mix them in a cocktail shaker and pour over ice. Salt on the rim is optional.

Any good tequila will do. I don’t see any point in using an expensive añejo tequila in a margarita; the subtle flavors are lost. It would be like making mixing Coke into an aged, single-malt scotch.

Use a Blanco tequila (a plain white tequila) or a Reposado tequila. Either way, it should be 100% blue agave. Personally, I like the harsher taste of the plain blanco tequila, but a reposado tequila will make a smoother margarita.

The non-reposado Gold tequilas are made with artificial flavors and colors, and they’re just fine if you’re making mediocre margaritas with sour mix, but you wanted a really good margarita.

• Information