The UK Rum Experience 2008 25-26 October

Upcoming events of all kind.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:12 pm

This October 2008 will see the second UK RumFest – Europe’s only festival to celebrate the diversity of rum and its rapidly growing popularity. Whether you’re a party animal, drinks connoisseur or just want to transport yourself back to that paradise island, UK RumFest…The Rum Experience has something for everyone.

Over two days, visitors to the festival will have their taste buds tantalised on a whistle-stop tour of the world’s most amazing rums. From Antigua to Barbados, from Mauritius to Venezuela; visitors will be able to experience the wonderful and diverse flavours that the world’s most popular drink has to offer, as well as try some of the rarest rums on the planet.

UK RumFest...The Rum Experience is the chance to get into the tropical fiesta spirit and understand where the shake in your Daiquiri and the kick in your Mojito come from. Throughout the weekend, visitors will meet Master Blenders, Distillers and world famous Cocktail Mixologists to discover many fascinating facts about rum. Those who are eager to become a rum aficionado or just to learn more about this historical tipple can sign up for one of the many seminars taking place over the weekend. Or for the more adventurous, a cocktail master class will teach everything there is to know to about creating some of London’s top rum cocktails.

Visitors can also discover the orgasmic delicacy of rum and chocolate which truly complement each other and open the palate to a new dimension in flavour.

Once people have visited all of the stands, they can chill out in the MoneyGram Dominoes and Daiquiri Zone and to try one of the tropics’ most relaxing pastimes while sipping on a cool Daiquiri. Live music bands will also be playing some tropical rhythms to make this an altogether unique rum experience.

So don’t miss out – book tickets through http://www.rumfest.co.uk/tickets. NOW
You may have noticed that a large banner has been on the frontpage advertising this years RumFest for over a month now so I hope those interested in the event will have noticed it and that this thread does not come too late.

I know RumDood and Paulipbartender will be present at this event as well as myself, anyone else from this board attending the fest this year?

See you at the RumFest! :pith:
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:09 pm

Exhibitors list can be found here: http://www.rumfest.co.uk/rumfest/html/e ... s2007.html
Really looking forward to visiting all of the stands.

It is a shame Temptryst Rums is not on the exhibitors list this year but hopefully we will see Temptryst in the coming years.
--

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:05 pm

Just found this short interview with Ian Burrell, the founder of UK RumFest.
--

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:53 pm

There was another interview about rum aired today on the radio station LBC 97.3 with Ian Burrel. The podcast can be downloaded from their website but unfortunately it requires a registration.

Did anyone else happen to tune in for this?
--

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:35 pm

Had an absolutely amazing time at the RumFest and I have to thank everybody who participated. It was really nice to finally get to meet everybody. Special thanks to Paul and Ian and everybody who I had the pleasure to meet during the 4 days I stayed in London.

I will be posting some photos and videos when I get around to it. I also look forward to seeing everyone elses photos and videos.
--

paulipbartender
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:32 pm

uggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh I still feel like crap after the weekend. It hurts to type.....

Great seeing you Taatu, you were fabulous company. That final night was the killer! After 4 solid nights on the sesh, Sunday, after I left you, I ended up back at the bar, then instead of going home I went to Portobello Star until the sun came up.

uuuuggghhhhhh

Happy days. I'll post more when it stops aching
Last edited by paulipbartender on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:46 pm

You know the only solution to cure a hangover is to drink more :D. I really loved the Rum Old Fashioned at Floridita, if anyone has the exact recipe for that cocktail it would be appreciated. I only saw the bartender pour ED 15 in it but I'm not sure what else went in it.
--

paulipbartender
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:34 pm

I just texted Rich and he says he made you loads of different old-fashioneds. Standard OF recipes but with different bitters in them - E8 with cedar bitters, El Dorado with tobacco and leather bitters, HC7 with some bitters and he made one with a Silver Seal rum - he can't remember which!

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:06 pm

Cheers Paul! Off to find bitters I am, unless you know of an online store that sells these bitters? I also need to find new cupboards or shelves for the new bottles I got, desk is getting full.
--

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:54 pm

I remember there were some professionals shooting a video at the Rum Fest, does anyone know which network it was and where can these videos be seen? I'd love to see the footage (partly because someone was shooting me when I was talking with someone on one of the stands).
--

paulipbartender

Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 pm

Nice article Taatu and thanks for the West Eleven mini review!!

I'm still chasing the professional photography and video from the event. I'll make sure I let you know when I get my hands on it..

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:24 pm

Thanks Paul, and West Eleven is awesome. West Eleven in my honest opinion has great potential to dominate the Bacardi Breezer/Smirnoff Ice market.

I will write the Rum Fest article when I can, I have to write the Diplomatico and St. Nicholas review before I can begin work on it though. Unless I have energy to write it at the same time. I also have some video footage of the Rum Fest which I need to edit for the article.
--

Lord Neville Crispin

Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:33 am

sounds like it was a good time. any memorable whisky drinking old bean?

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:26 pm

I did sample a few whiskies and whiskys, one of them being a bottle from the Very Rare Middleton series. I forget the other ones, Paulipbartender may be able to tell me what they were.

I recall the Middleton one being quite fruity, tropical even, which is something I've never found in a whiskey before.
--

paulipbartender

Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:56 am

You tried some fantastic whiskies as I recall. The Midleton Very Rare,
a Port Ellen 1975 first edition,
the 1971 Culloden bottle of Glenmorangie http://www.royalmilewhiskies.com/produc ... 0000016673
and a 1986 double matured distillers edition Talisker if you got that far. I know Rene was hving fun with the whiskies...

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:59 pm

Thanks for reminding me Paul. Excellent hooch!

I found another video featuring our common friend Rene. He talks about the past Rum Fest and rum.
--

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:21 am

--

• Information