Cocktail recipe collection

Share your ingenious monstrosities and horrific blasphemies here.

Moderator: paulipbartender

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
paulipbartender
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:39 pm

As mod of this room, is it still spamming if I invite you all to peruse our online cocktail collections?

http://www.ipbartenders.com/classic_coc ... tion.phtml

http://www.ipbartenders.com/cocktail_collection.phtml

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:51 pm

Not at all although there are so many recipes there it would be nice if you posted a few of your favorites and recommendations here separately.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:24 am

I had the Whiskey Smash last night although the bartender used lime when I said lemon and 40 ml of normal whiskey because they didn't have bourbon and he used brown sugar instead of gomme syrup. They also didn't have properly sized mint leaves and I didn't get a garnish either :madnazor:. Price: €8,60. It wasn't bad though.

Whiskey Smash
50ml Bourbon
½ a lemon in quarters
15ml gomme syrup
pinch of mint

Method: Muddle lemon, mint and sugar. Add Whiskey and shake, strain over crushed ice.
Glass: Rocks
Garnish: lemon slice and mint sprig
--

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:03 pm

I will be having the Old Fashioned today although I will experiment with Irish Whiskey. We'll see how that works out...

Happy new year everybody!

Old Fashioned

50ml Bourbon Whiskey
5-7ml simple syrup (1/2 sugar ½ water)
dash angostura bitters

Method: stir in glass for 2-4 minutes
Glass: rocks
Garnish: Orange twist

Comments: this is a jazzed up version of the original cocktail, sugar, water bitters and spirit, this particular version hails from the Pendennis club in Kentucky, and in its full glory is known as the “Old Fashioned Whiskey Cocktail”

Variation: made with aged Rum and a dash of apple juice this becomes a Treacle.
--

lesist
How did you find Refined Vices?: MoR
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Pinky Passion:

4cl of white Rum
6-8cl of fresh ruby red grapefruit
dash of maraschino
1 tablespoon of fine sugar (or 2cl of simple syrup)

Put one tablespoon of fine sugar into the boston glass and stir with the grapefruit juice,
add the rum and the maraschino stir again with some ice and strain it into a tumbler filled with crushed ice.

Enjoy.

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:22 am

Sounds fresh! Judging by the colour its gonna be, is it mostly a girls drink? :P
--

lesist
How did you find Refined Vices?: MoR

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:23 am

:oops:

Well, depends on how much sugar you put in there :wink:
The color may fascinate girls, thats right. But to my defense I have a gf to convince that having all that beverages is not as crazy as she may think, or is it? :P

A variation of this cocktail to make it even more exotic is to substitute the maraschino by Kwai Feh, a lichi liqueur.
Veeery delightful!

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:47 am

Now that sounds interesting. I love lychee/lichi.
--

Bishi
How did you find Refined Vices?: Rather delightful.

Mon May 16, 2011 4:42 pm

The Dirty Girl
Discovered in Searsucker, San Diego CA

50ml Gin
Cucumber & Chilli Water
Fresh Lemon or Lime Juice
Dash of Soda for effervescence.

Put Gin & a squeeze of fresh citrus into a cocktail shaker with ice, top up most of the way with Cucumber & Chilli Water and shake. Pour into a straight glass and add a dash of soda to finish.

For the cucumber & chilli water, blend half a cucumber and one whole chopped chilli, preferably something nice and hot like a serrano or jalapeno. This should result in about 300ml of thick liquid. Top up with water to 1.5L, blast it again in the blender and then strain well. I only have a normal sieve so after the first straining I passed the liquid through a second time without removing the cucumber/chilli pulp. Refrigerate for 24hrs.

I guess you could put the citrus directly into the Cucumber & Chilli water but it may lose a bit of the fresh zing.

An interesting by-product of the straining is a very light cucumber & chilli mousse which, with a bit of salt and pepper tastes pretty good and would make an interesting garnish or side dish like you see in those fancy michelin star places (or on their website in my case). Unfortunately the yield is so small that you'd have to be selling tons of dirty girls in order to have any on hand for dinner guests or restaurant customers.

Wateur4
How did you find Refined Vices?: google

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:55 am

Hi guys, here is one more newbie for this platform. For me this forum sounds really interesting as have seen some really informative threads, which were worth reading. Think you guys are just amazing with the facts and the experience you share here…hope will have a good time here.

• Information