Show off your rum collection

Rum, Rhum, Ron. Talk about your favorite sugarcane spirits in this rum forum.

Moderator: Henry Deare, Adventurer

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:25 pm

This is a thread where you can post pictures of your rum collection and make others jealous.

Here is my current collection. I had to move most of my other liquors into a cupboard to make room for my new rums. I also had to move my old VHS collection to another room from that cupboard :tippin:. In the lockers to the left I have hidden Cacique 500 and Mount Gay Eclipse behind the Ron Pampero.

I'm expecting images of Angelswords impressive collection. :pith:
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Vice Admiral(ret) Yoxall
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:08 am

Count Silvio wrote:This is a thread where you can post pictures of your rum collection and make others jealous.

Here is my current collection. I had to move most of my other liquors into a cupboard to make room for my new rums. I also had to move my old VHS collection to another room from that cupboard :tippin:. In the lockers to the left I have hidden Cacique 500 and Mount Gay Eclipse behind the Ron Pampero.

I'm expecting images of Angelswords impressive collection. :pith:

Bloody well done you ole git!!..The sound speaker in the photo does not detract from the overall effect What a fine collection of libations!
Stay Me with Flagons

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:13 am

I play music to my lovely rums :poppin:.
--

Scottes

Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:48 am

Not a chance for me to post mine. I am almost finished packing them away, making space so that I can turn a basement room into a bar. Hopefully by spring I'll have some nice shelves on the walls displaying them all. 132 and still growing...

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:19 pm

Don't forget the diamond buttoned wing chairs from your basement. I'm looking forward to seeing your completed bar.
--

Dood

Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:53 am

WOW! That is a well-displayed collection. Mine...well, not so much. We're a tad short on space, so I basically took over part of a small shelf behind the TV. Some day soon the wife and I plan to put up a real bar/display cabinet, but we're short on room for now.

Scottes

Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:13 am

Count Silvio wrote:Don't forget the diamond buttoned wing chairs from your basement. I'm looking forward to seeing your completed bar.
I'm more of the rattan wide-backed chair kinda of guy, actually. Like in my avatar.

And the bar will be more Tiki/Polynesian-themed, but with many bottles on shelves on the wall. Rumbatiki Lounge.

paulipbartender
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:51 am

Here is our bar's humble offering from a few months ago. Picked up a lot from running the Rumfest so we're up to 230 beautiful products now, including some real rarities.

Sadly we keep them on display and you can feel them deteriorate..........

paulipbartender

Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:52 am

Seems I needed to have posted before I could link the photo

Last edited by paulipbartender on Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:25 pm

Dood wrote:WOW! That is a well-displayed collection. Mine...well, not so much. We're a tad short on space, so I basically took over part of a small shelf behind the TV. Some day soon the wife and I plan to put up a real bar/display cabinet, but we're short on room for now.

You have nice rums there. Is that Admiral Nelson behind Mount Gay? What do those square bottles contain? They look interesting.
Scottes wrote:I'm more of the rattan wide-backed chair kinda of guy, actually. Like in my avatar.

And the bar will be more Tiki/Polynesian-themed, but with many bottles on shelves on the wall. Rumbatiki Lounge.
That is nice also, I like the name for the lounge too. Did you make that avatar yourself by the way? I actually considered building a small tikibar last summer but never got around to it. I was going to film some cocktail making and reviewing and use that as a set. Perhaps next summer.
paulipbartender wrote:Seems I needed to have posted before I could link the photo

Yes, sorry about that. There is a 1 post requirement before posting links to prevent spambots from posting. They occasionally register and try to post.

Ahh I see you have the Diplomatico. I can't seem to be able to find it from anywhere. Lots of other excellent rums up there as well including the Pyrat XO that I tracked down forever until I finally found it in Spain. From what I can tell from the small picture it is Planters Gold?
--

Scottes

Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:27 pm

Count Silvio wrote:Did you make that avatar yourself by the way?
This is actually a design from Dr. Bamboo, another cocktail blogger.
http://drbamboo.blogspot.com/2007_09_01_archive.html

I got permission to use it for my site and business cards and such. How much, you might ask? For some bottles of rum that he could not get anywhere near where he lives. :-)

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:59 pm

I could make a similar deal with you :P
--

Dood

Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:23 pm

Count Silvio wrote: You have nice rums there. Is that Admiral Nelson behind Mount Gay? What do those square bottles contain? They look interesting.
The bottle behind the Mount Gay is Admiral Rodney from St. Lucia....the rum that started it all for me.

The square bottles are my very precious treasures: my samples of Temptryst - Cherrywood and Dark Chocolate.

I've written my review of the Cherrywood already (the almost half-empty bottle), and have been a bit slow in converting my notes on the Dark Chocolate to a full-fledged review.

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:13 am

Ahh yes Rodney. I always confuse the admirals.
--

AngelSword

Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:16 am

paulipbartender wrote:Here is our bar's humble offering from a few months ago. Picked up a lot from running the Rumfest so we're up to 230 beautiful products now, including some real rarities.

Sadly we keep them on display and you can feel them deteriorate..........
Very nice selection there!

paulipbartender

Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:04 pm

I've posted a list of all our rum brands for everyone to have a peek at. Downloadable from our website

http://www.ipbartenders.com/images/474 ... 1195059284

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:25 pm

Impressive! I noticed you have some nice vintages there.
--

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:00 pm

AngelSword wrote:Very nice selection there!
Still expecting to see your mighty collection. :)
--

Dan
How did you find Refined Vices?: MOR

Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:42 am

Still room for more ;)

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:48 am

There seems to be something wrong with the image as it looks like you have placed the rums, that are usually found on the top shelf, on the bottom of the shelf except Captain Morgan which should be on the bottom shelf :P. Good start for a collection though, now you need to find the rest of the Havana Club collection.

Oh and welcome to Refined Vices. :tippin:
--

Dood

Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:19 pm

Moved, and thusly the shelf has been moved and updated.

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:39 pm

I see your collection has expanded a bit. What might that rum be in the tube?
--

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Wed May 21, 2008 4:33 pm

This is my current rum collection mnus honey rums. They are not all displayed as nicely as I would hope.

Image Image Image
--

JaRiMi
How did you find Refined Vices?: through another forum

Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:39 pm

Hello to all,

Here's a photo of my bar cabinet, it does contain alcoholic beverages other than rum, but I've dedicated the middle shelf to rums. At the time of taking this photo, there was not so much content in the cabinet - here's a list of all the rums in my possession currently:

1. 10 Cane Rum, Trinidad, 40%
2. Angostura 1824 12yo, 40%
3. Angostura 1919 8yo, 40%
4. Appleton 21yo, 43%
5. Appleton Extra Jamaica rum
6. Bacardi 8yo reserva superior
7. Barbancourt 15yo, 43%
8. Borgoe 82
9. Brugal Extra Viejo, 38%
10. El Dorado 15yo, 43%
11. El Dorado 21yo, 43%
12. English Harbour Extra Old, Antigua rum, 40%
13. Enmore Still Demerara dist.1988 – bottled 2000, 12yo, Bristol Spirits, 46%
14. Gold Magic rum, Caroni Distillers (1975) Ltd.
15. Havana Club Cuban Barrel Proof, 45%
16. Legends 2000 15yo rum, Caroni Distillers (1975) Ltd., 43%
17. Long Pond Jamaica 16yo, Bristol Spirits classic rums, dist. 1986 – bottled 2002, oloroso cask finish, 46%
18. Providence Estate Trinidad 10yo, Bristol Spirits classic rums, dist. 1990 – bottled 2000, 46%
19. Pusser’s Navy rum 15yo, 40%
20. Ron Barcelo Imperial
21. Ron Cacique Antiguo, 40%
22. Ron Varadero Gran Reserva, Anejo 15yo, 38%
23. Ron Zacapa Centenario, 23yo, 40%
24. Royal Oak select Trinidad rum, 43%
25. Santa Teresa 1796 Ron Antiquo de Solera, 15yo, 40%
26. Special Old Cask 10yo, Caroni Distillers (1975) Ltd., 43%
27. Tanduay 12yo, 40%
28. Tanduay 1854 Premium 15yo rum
29. Tanduay 18yo Barrel rhum, 40%
30. Tanduay Centennial 26yo single barrel rum, 40%
31. The Versailles Still 18yo, Bristol Spirits Classic Rums, dist. 1984 – bottled 2002, port cask finish, 46%
32. White Magic white rum, Caroni Distillers (1975) Ltd.

A modest collection, as I have dedicated most of my efforts lately to single malt whisky instead.

Dood

Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:22 pm

I want that cabinet! WOW!

Nice collection too BTW.

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:25 pm

Glad you could join us here in the forums, JaRiMi. I'm extremely impressed by your collection and thats an amazing cabinet you have! I noticed you have some nice rarities from Caroni distillers in your selection too.
--

JaRiMi

Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:53 pm

Thanks gentlemen, for the kind comments.

The cabinet is modeled after a Chinese "wedding cabinet" - of course I took the liberty of redesigning the interiors as a modern bar cabinet. Whole thing was made for me as a custom order in Beijing, for a very,very reasonable price indeed. I am attaching here an image of it when its closed. Nice thing was that I had complete freedom to design its looks and features inside and outside. In hindsight I would make it slightly larger if anything..

The Caroni collection as well as Borgoe I have is due to the kindness of my connections at Caroni, their already bottled rums were being sold in bulk and I managed to get some through connections in Trinidad (a country where I used to live). Its sad what happened to caroni distillers, I speculate much govmnt corruption was involved in this charade of closing the distillery and selling most of the ageing rum to Angostura at a price far below the actual value. Sigh! One endemic problem in T&T is the corruption.

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:59 pm

I assume the shipping from Beijing would cost slightly more than the cabinet itself? Do you know what wood is it made of?

I bet this cabinet is a nice conversation maker when you have guests at your house.
--

JaRiMi

Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:28 pm

Most of the gentlemen visiting comment that "my wife would never allow me to have such a thing in our living room, no matter how nice it looks on the outside"..! I take it I am blessed with an understanding wife :D

Wood type, rosewood, but I don't think it is solid rosewood, only plated. Still, nice little Asian cabinet methinks! And price was very reasonable indeed.

Amarantha

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:30 am

As one who is about to become a wife, let me just say that I would be thrilled and overjoyed if my husband were to bring such an item home :D

• Information