Review: Temptryst Lemon Wood Rum

Rum, Rhum, Ron. Talk about your favorite sugarcane spirits in this rum forum.

Moderator: Henry Deare, Adventurer

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:55 pm

Read full review on the frontpage!
Temptryst rums are produced by Texas based Au Natural Spirits Inc, which is run by the president and head of research, Daniel Watson. Coveted by the connoisseurs at the Ministry of Rum and Refined Vices, Temptryst rums have quickly gained a reputation despite the fact that these rums are still relatively unknown to the wider audience and not yet on the market. For instance Cherry Wood XO won a gold award at the Ministry of Rum tasting competition amongst other award winning Temptryst rums. Such appreciation can only promise good fortune for the upcoming rum brand.

I've read a lot about Daniel Watson’s interesting line of rums such as the Cherry Wood, Mesquite and the Lemon Wood that was gifted to me by Mr. Watson, which has left me honoured to be the first one to be reviewing his first Lemon Wood batch today.
I hope this review is satisfactory to you and not too different from your own opinions, AngelSword.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Dacaqa Fe Noyetuxuhe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:48 am

It sounds like one to keep an eye out for in the future.

:poppin:

AngelSword

Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:05 am

Count Silvio wrote:I hope this review is satisfactory to you and not too different from your own opinions, AngelSword.
Thank you! Once I get back to the laboratory (in a couple of weeks) I'll try sending you something else that might be more to your taste.

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:39 pm

Dacaqa Fe Noyetuxuhe wrote:It sounds like one to keep an eye out for in the future.

:poppin:
I would recommend trying it. It is not one of my favorites but nevertheless it is quite a unique rum and enjoyable on its own.
AngelSword wrote: Thank you! Once I get back to the laboratory (in a couple of weeks) I'll try sending you something else that might be more to your taste.
You're welcome. I will gladly review another Temptryst product for you!
--

paulipbartender
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:19 pm

Daniel - I've been meaning to say, those bottles you use are beautiful. Are you planning to go into production with something similar?

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:45 pm

They would certainly be easier to pack I think? I am interested in the bottle design as well.
--

AngelSword

Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:03 pm

While that is an interesting bottle, it has been rejected for long term use. We are getting a custom mold build for my bottle design. But for right now it makes packing very easy!

AngelSword

Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:23 pm

The Temptryst Lemon Wood Rum just won a gold medal at the Polished Palate International Rum Competition.

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:10 pm

Congratulations on your success! That makes me wonder if I am little too 'hard' when giving awards. I notice your other rums won great awards as well. It certainly looks like a bright future for your rum line Mr. Watson.

I will tip my hat for you :tippin:.

P.S. I hope this is not an april fools joke! :P
--

Dacaqa Fe Noyetuxuhe

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:57 am

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:03 pm

Ahh, I was looking for those yesterday. Cheers for the link. I've now posted the results to the frontpage.
--

Dacaqa Fe Noyetuxuhe

Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:24 am

Congrats to Temptryst

:clap:

hmmm. really need a 'cheers' smilie....like this http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/cheers.gif

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:45 pm

Done :cheers:.
--

AngelSword

Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:01 am

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Thank you! Hard Work and Madness can pay off!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

• Information