Review: El Dorado Special Reserve 15 Year Old Rum (Guyana)

Rum, Rhum, Ron. Talk about your favorite sugarcane spirits in this rum forum.

Moderator: Henry Deare, Adventurer

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:48 pm

El Dorado, the name conjures images of the mythical city of gold ruled by El Rey Dorado, The Golden King. A legend of a South American tribal chieftain, who would be completely covered in gold dust as part of an ancient ritual. The chieftain would travel with a decorated raft to the middle of a gigantic lake and offer a sacrifice of gold to the god-monster they believed lived in the lake. With this ritual the chieftain was recognized as king.

Many have died searching for the gold of El Dorado. Tonight I get to be one of the explorers searching for the gold, hopefully with better luck.

El Dorado Special Reserve 15 Years is packaged in a box embossed with gold-lettering and decorated with pictures of Brigs sailing on the great Demerara River. The bottle itself is an attractive green glass bottle reminiscent of the hand blown flasks used in the navy centuries ago. The label features the same Brigs on the great Demerara River as seen on the box. The bottle also has a plastic seal with gold colouring that glistens in the light like the real thing.
Read the full review on the frontpage!

I am pleased to announce the first Refined Vices Gold Award winner! Perhaps no surprise there as I've often expressed my love for El Dorado 15. I'll drink to that! :cheers:
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

paulipbartender
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:56 am

What a delightful review. Good work old boy

Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:10 pm

paulipbartender wrote:What a delightful review. Good work old boy
Thank you! A delightful review for a delightful rum. I can hardly wait reviewing Rum Nation Demerara.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

paulipbartender
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:44 am

Count Silvio wrote:
paulipbartender wrote:What a delightful review. Good work old boy
Thank you! A delightful review for a delightful rum. I can hardly wait reviewing Rum Nation Demerara.
Damn I love that rum. I hope you enjoy it too

• Information