Review: Ron Pampero Aniversario

Rum, Rhum, Ron. Talk about your favorite sugarcane spirits in this rum forum.

Moderator: Henry Deare, Adventurer

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Count Silvio
Site Admin
How did you find Refined Vices?: I'm the Count

Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:23 pm

Read the full review on the frontpage.
The first thing that attracted me to this rum was its unique presentation. A squat bottle in a leather pouch. It immediately gave me the idea that this rum must be something special if the makers have taken the time to create such special packaging. Outside the pouch Ron Pampero is dark mahogany and the label on the bottle is decorated with a medieval font, as is the typing on the leather pouch. The bottle also has a red plastic seal which bears the Pampero logo, a man on a horse. Inspecting the bottle closer I was disappointed to notice that the bottle I have doesn't bear a bottle number despite the many reviews that state it should. Perhaps this is a newer bottle and the makers have decided not to use bottle numbering anymore.
I have finally managed to write another review. Hopefully I have time to post atleast one review a week. Thread is open for discussion.
--
Slouching on the reliable old leather recliner.

Dood

Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:50 am

I recently finished a bottle of the Pampero, but I don't recall whether or not it had a bottle number.

I need to replenish!

paulipbartender
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:55 am

We acquired a case a year ago and the bottles aren't numbered

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:07 pm

They must be older bottles then that have the number. Thanks for the info.
--

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:11 am

A reader resently requested information regarding his Ron Pampero Aniversario bottle. He wanted to know the value of it and I was wondering if you could help determine the value of this bottle. Here are the details he gave me:

The bottle is from April 1963, it has the number 02388915 and the bottle has a price of $220.00.
The bottle is sealed and the label is in good condition. The leather pouch is in fair condition with a slightly ripped leather string.

I am sure any replies are appreciated.
--

rumdog007
How did you find Refined Vices?: MOR
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:38 pm

Hello, Count, I really like the site and its spirit-al diversity! Anyway, I am never without the Pampero Aniversario. It is one of the few rums which I take everywhere: camping, vacationing, etc. so that I am never without a pour. It was one of the first upper shelf rums introduced to me by a friend who had been around rum for a long time.

Count Silvio
Site Admin

Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:04 pm

Hello and welcome Rumdog! Pampero is indeed a fine rum no-one should be without. Its pretty easily approachable and suits many moods, at a relatively low price might I add.
--

• Information